Running Away.

Jada~

"So, when are you going to go back down?" Christians asks me as we still sit on the rooftop of this hotel in Cleveland.

We've been up here for about an hour. I've cooled down. I'm not sure if Cody's cooled down though. "I don't know. If I could sleep up here, I would."

"Well, that's not safe."

"Yeah, not the best option."

I look down at my phone for the first time since I've been up here.

Cody: At least tell me if you're safe
Me: I'm safe. I promise.

"Do you think he's cooled off?"

"I'm sure he's worried about you."

"He knows I'm safe."

"He has probably cooled off."

I nod, deciding whether or not to get up and go back to the room. "Thank you for staying and talking with me."

"We haven't talked like this in a while. I enjoyed it. Made my day better."

I smile, "Yeah."

I sit on the edge of the couch and get up. We need to talk. Not just about this fight. About all of it.

"I enjoyed this. Thank you."

He looks at me and smiles, "You're welcome."

I walk past him and to the door. "We're going to Miami in a few weeks. Any recommendations?"

He smiles, "There's this really nice restaurant on the water. They serve the best steak. They have the best views of the water and downtown Miami. It's incredible."

"Thank you. Hey, prove you're the MVP. Cody went cocky on me and we all know where that landed you."

He laughs, "He should know that by now."

"You would think he would know."

We laugh a bit more before I head to the elevator. I am not looking forward to this talk. But it needs to happen.

I scan the room key and walk slowly into our room. I hear the water running in the bathroom as I walk by. Hopefully, he's almost done.

I sit on our bed and wait for him to be done. I don't know what's going to happen. But I think we'll make it through this. It's just a bump on the road.

The water shuts off and I cross my legs and put my phone down. The door opens and a wet, steamy Cody comes from the bathroom. His towel wrapped just below his abs. This is not the time to feel physical feelings for him right now. Although, I always do.

"I didn't think you'd be back so soon."

"We need to talk and I don't want to wait to do that."

He nods and rummages through his suitcase for clothes. He changes and dries his hair with the towel. He does a few things in the bathroom while I wait.

He comes back and sits by the pillows. I have no idea how to start this. I turn the face him and move a bit closer to him. I put my hand on his leg, "Are you mad at me?"

"Did you go and see him?"

"Not intentionally."

"What the hell does that mean?"

"It means that I went up to the rooftop when nobody else was there. I was just sitting up there when he came up. I did not text him. You can go through my phone," I say handing him my phone, "Yes, we talked. But I don't have a single feeling for him. Nothing like the feelings I have for you."