Truce.

Jada~

I walk into the all-but-familiar batting cages that Cody and I used to come to all the time during the off-season. It's become Christian's spot to hit nowadays.

I look around for someone familiar until I land at the guy behind the counter. Ryan Braun. "Long time, no see," I tell him.

He looks up from the computer and smiles, "What brings you here?"

"Looking for my husband. We're supposed to get lunch. He told me to meet him here."

"He's still hitting. But I think he'll be done soon."

"Okay. So what's the deal with you behind the counter? Got bored at home all the time?"

He laughs, "Volunteer work is all."

"At the sports complex?"

"Greyson and Carter are at the age. So yes."

"Couldn't get away from it, could you?"

"Nope, I tried. Well, do you want me to take you to him?"

"Sure. It'll probably be the way to get him out."

I walk with him to one of the batting cage rooms. "Christian, your wife is here."

He looks back at me through the netting, "Hey. I'm almost done."

"Okay."

I sit on an empty bucket and watch as he finishes up. He swings through the last couple of balls. After the machine turns off, I know it's safe for me to go in with him. I kick the balls around the plate toward him as he worked on the balls at the back. It's too inconvenient for me to crouch.

"How was your appointment?"

"Good. You didn't miss anything. I don't have gestational diabetes."

"Nothing?"

"Besides getting my blood drawn like four times. That's it. You would've sat there with me for three hours."

"I could've made it bearable."

"While that is true, I probably would've been a pain in your ass because I was hungry and I still am hungry. So if I don't eat soon, it's not going to be good for either of us."

He laughs, "Oh, I know. I just have to grab my stuff and we can head out."

I walk out of the batting cage and lean against the wall. As he gathers his things, his shirt rides up on his back. I turn my head to look at the bruise on his back. "What's the bruise from?"

"What? Oh, that. It's already bruised?"

"Yeah, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't on your body this morning."

"So funny story actually. I'm an idiot. I didn't realize the machine was going and I was talking to Ryan and standing where I shouldn't have been standing."

"And got drilled in the back?"

"Yeah."

I shake my head, "Nice one."

"Not my smartest moment."

We walk out to the front. "When are you due?" Ryan asks.

"April 23rd."

"It's coming up fast."

"The days are long but the weeks are short."

"Did you guys end up finding out?"

"Yeah, a girl," Christian tells him.

"They're a handful."

"Don't tell him that. He needs to find out on his own."