Time, Love, and Patience.

Jada~

I lay on the play mat with Addie as she rolls over onto her back. "Good job."

I guide her to roll back to her stomach. I hear Christian's footsteps walking around our room. "Dad's up."

She smiles at his name. I stand and pick her up. I bounce her around the living room as we wait for Christian. Her giggles fill my heart.

"You are adorable."

She grabs at my nose. I notice Christian out of the corner of my eye. "You look better," I tell him.

"I was hoping I'd feel that way."

"You don't?"

He shrugs, "I'm going to try and stick it out today."

"If you don't feel good, don't make it worse."

He goes into the kitchen, "I'll be fine."

He's lying. In two hours I'll find him on the couch passed out. "You're not going to miss out on much if you stay home tonight."

"I'm going in for warm-ups. If I don't feel good, I'll come back."

I'm not winning this. "Okay. I just don't want you to make it worse."

I cannot wait for the day I no longer have to pump milk for Addie. I love the girl to death but I want my body back.

As I pour the freshly pumped milk into bags I hear our garage door open. Must be my dad. I don't know why he wouldn't come through the front door though.

The door from the garage opens, revealing Christian. I look at him in shock since I didn't think he'd actually come home if he didn't feel good.

"They sent me home."

"Because you have a fever?"

He rolls his eyes, "Yeah."

I would love to tell him 'I told you so,' but I doubt he wants to hear that from me. He wouldn't appreciate it at all. "Have you eaten anything besides that toast from this morning?"

"Not hungry. I'll be on the couch watching my team try to keep winning."

He's so dramatic. I store the bags of milk in the freezer as he walks over to the couch and plops onto the cushions.

I pull out my phone to text his mom. Since we've been together, he's been sick once or twice and I haven't been there to see it so I don't know what I'm getting myself into if I try to help.

Me: Your son has come down with something. He's not eating, has a fever, and is really dramatic. I don't want Addie to get sick. Anything that might help even though he refuses to admit that he is sick
Alecia: He's always been dramatic when he gets sick, that's nothing new. He'll come around to the idea of being sick, I promise. Is he playing?
Me: No, they sent him home today
Alecia: Try soup. Growing up he always enjoyed soup when he was sick. It's not the end of the world if Addie gets sick, trust me. She's healthy and I'm sure both of you would do anything to help her! Check-in with me tomorrow since I doubt he'll call or text me
Me: Will do! You're the best!!

I search through our canned goods in the pantry and find a couple of cans of chicken noodle soup. This will have to do.

I start to heat the soup on the stove as Camille starts calling me. "Hey," I answer quietly.

"Hi, is this a good time?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I need an answer on Paris. What did Christian say?"