I've Heard That One Before.

Jada~

Christian throws me over his shoulder as he jogs toward the bluest ocean we've ever seen. "Christian! Put me down!"

He laughs loudly as we enter the water together. He tosses me into the water. I resurface and find him. We tread water as we're next to each other. "We should go get lunch."

"After you just threw me in the ocean? We were both dry two minutes ago."

"Yeah."

We swim back until we both can touch the sand but I stay in the water, "Carry me out."

"Why?"

"Because you picked me up and carried me into the ocean so I know you're capable of doing so and because you love me."

"Get on my back."

I get on his back and he carries me out of the ocean and sets me down on the concrete near our small house. "Thank you."

He smacks my butt as I take two towels off of the rack for us. We get dried off before going inside. I put on jean shorts over my bottoms. Aruba has the social norm of always wearing a swimsuit wherever. I know I won't be an outsider with a bikini top on. I know we'll end up in the ocean or pool later so it's useless to change.

We use bikes to take us to the main part of the resort. He did a damn good job at booking this resort. Food is always available. We have our own private beach at our cabana. There's so much privacy where we've been staying too.

It's only been a couple of days and I don't want to leave. It's so warm here and we've been having such a good time.

Christian holds the door open for me after putting our bikes on the rack. It's all buffet-style food so we get our food before sitting at a table outside.

My phone connects to the wifi while we're up here and I start getting texts from our parents. I show him my phone, "Our parents and Camille think we're dead."

"We better call one of them."

Camille can communicate with my dad. We'll call Alecia since she has Scout while we're here. I set my phone up after moving my seat so I can sit closer to Christian. I call Camille as we eat our lunch.

She answers on the first ring, "Well, I'm glad you're both alive."

She's so dramatic. "We don't have wifi in our cabana," Christian tells her.

"I can tell. You're both red."

"We're taking advantage of the nice weather."

"Clearly."

"Can you let my dad know that we're fine?"

"I will. How is Aruba?"

"Beautiful. Hot."

"Great food," Christian adds.

"I'm glad you're enjoying it and that you're alive. I'll let your dad know. I'll let you go. Have fun."

"Bye," we tell her. She hangs up and I immediately call Alecia.

We talk to her for a while. We see Scout, Cooper, and Milo playing outside with each other. I miss our dog. We finish our lunch before heading back to our cabana.

Christian sets a champagne flute in front of me as I watched one of our last sunsets in Aruba from our hot tub.

"Thank you."

He kisses my cheek, "You're welcome."

I sit next to him as we watch the sunset together. I sip on the champagne as he brings my feet up to his lap. "In one year, what do you want us to accomplish?" he asks.