Back Where It All Started.

Jada~

"He's so big. What the heck happened?" I ask Camille as she hands me Weston. He's no longer a newborn.

The Brewers and Rangers are playing a three-game series in Dallas. We were told we were not allowed to sleep in the hotel because they have a perfectly good guest bedroom.

"I cry daily about it," she tells me.

"Do either of you want something specific for dinner?" Corey asks.

"It doesn't matter to me."

"Me either."

I go into their living room and sit down with Weston. Christian comes to sit next to me. Wes grabs onto one of Christian's fingers. He crawls over to Christian. And I'm no longer the favorite. That was short-lived.

He babbles as I watch him and Christian talk-back and forth. He is not making this easy.

Soon everyone else is on the couch with us. "How's the season going?" Corey asks.

"Well, I think we're doing better than the fans thought we would at the beginning of the year. It's getting down to the wire. You guys have deGrom now and I'll tell you that none of us want to face him tomorrow."

"Hey, none of us want to face Burnes or Woodruff in the next couple of days."

Camille and I look at each other from pure boredom with this conversation. We're about five seconds away from leaving them in the living room to talk about baseball.

"Isn't it crazy that just a few years ago we were both wearing Dodger jerseys?" Camille asks as she holds Wes as he sleeps through the fourth inning.

"I know. Time literally flies."

"How is that going? Having Cody in the division?"

I laugh, "First time they played each other, Cody got into his head and laid in the hotel bed staring up at the ceiling for at least an hour."

"Seriously? I figured he wouldn't let that happen."

"Cody was flirting with me right in front of Christian."

"No way."

"Yeah. All while his pregnant girlfriend was at home. So Christian was upset about it. Then a few weeks ago when they were in Milwaukee, I may have said some things to Cody that Christian does not know about. And I don't want him to know about it."

"What do you mean?"

"I waited for Cody at the visitor clubhouse doors and I kind of yelled at him. He thought it was funny and that it reminded him of when him and I were together. So I uninvited him to the wedding."

"Didn't you already send out invites?"

"Yeah. Then he told me that he didn't want to go anyway and that it would just make him mad if he was there."

"Why doesn't Christian know?"

"Because if I told him I was going to do it then he would've stopped me and told me to forget about it. But I can't help but feel guilty about all of this because he's my ex. I have the feeling that it's my responsibility to stop Cody from getting to Christian."

"You can't do much though."

"I know. He just pisses me off."

"Do you want to hold the baby? When I hold him all of my worries and responsibilities go away."

I look at her sleeping son, "Yeah."

She gives Weston to me. "Dude, I love your son."

She laughs, "Do you want one?"