An Excuse For Everything.

Jada~

Cody and I have been acting more like ourselves the past few weeks. Maybe it was all a misunderstanding and he was busy. But we've been better about making time even though his schedule is crazy.

It's now halfway through the season and we're all in Boston for the All-Star break. Me, Cody, Camille, and Corey. Of course, a few others but our main group is all together for a small vacation minus the baseball part of this.

"We're going out right?" Cody asks me as I stand at my suitcase deciding what to wear.

"Yeah. We have a big group going. We're going to walk since it's so close."

"What are you wearing?"

"Black jeans and this white tank top," I say, pulling out both items of clothing and setting them on the dresser.

I pull out the small heels I packed and place those on the floor. He digs in his suitcase as I go to change in the bathroom.

I quickly change before putting my hair into a high ponytail and re-curling some pieces of hair. He walks into the bathroom and looks at himself in the mirror, "Should I shave?"

I look at him, "If you can do it in ten minutes, sure. But I think you look fine."

"It's not scratchy?"

"It's always scratchy."

He moves to stand behind me as I continue to fix my hair, "You look beautiful."

He kisses my cheek, "Thank you."

I turn my curling iron off and brush through the curls with my fingers before going back to the room to put my shoes on.

I get each strap around my ankle as he sits next to me. He holds his hand on my back as I sit up, "Ready? Everyone is meeting in the lobby."

"Whenever you're ready, we can go."

I grab my small purse and put the long strap over my shoulder. I fix my earrings in the mirror before looking at him, "Do you have the room key?"

"Yes. In my wallet."

"Okay, we're ready."

He shuts the light off as we walk out of our room. I look down the hall to see Corey and Camille walking out of their room. We wait for them at the elevator before we all get on and head down to the lobby.

We walk up to the group of people, including players from outside the Dodgers and inside the Brewers. "Is this everyone?" one of them asks.

We all look around and acknowledge each other before someone ultimately decided this was everyone. Everyone walks in a big group a couple of blocks down from the hotel to this club. Apparently, the only way anyone could get in is if your name was on a list.

So the players that wanted to go put whoever on the list and they'll be let in. It keeps the bombardment of fans out of the club when all of us just want to have fun.

Everyone groups themselves into small sections. It seems like it's all the NL guys together and then all of the AL guys together. "Do you want anything?" I ask Cody.

"A beer."

"Anything specific?"

"Whatever they have is fine. My mom is calling me, I'll be outside."

"Okay."

I watch him go outside before heading up to the bar. The bartender comes up to me, actively listening, "Can I get a Miller Lite and a strawberry lemonade Truly?"