June.

Jada~

"So you want me to wait to go in?" I ask Dr. Lankford.

"Are you in any pain at all?"

"No."

"Then it's safe to say that your water broke but you're not contracting. When they do start, time them. Time how long they are and how far apart they are. The closer together, the closer you are to delivering."

"Okay."

"I'm on-call tonight so if all goes as planned, I will be the one delivering, okay?"

"Okay. Thank you."

"I look forward to seeing you soon."

I pull my phone down from my ear as Alecia tries to get a hold of Christian or someone who can get him for us. "What did she say?"

"She said to wait to go in until I start contracting."

"Okay, I can't get through to his phone. I'm going to call Couns."

I sit on my office chair as she tries to get a hold of Christian. Lizzie kneels next to me, "Do you need anything? Can I do anything?"

"No."

"Craig, it's Alecia. Can you get Christian? He needs to come back. It's about Jada," Alecia says into her phone.

"Christian, you need to come back. Jada's water broke. She's fine. You don't need to worry, okay?"

She hands me her phone, "He wants to talk to you."

I take her phone, "Hi."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. Look, I will get there. I will meet you at the hospital."

"I'm not going in yet."

"What?"

"I just spoke to Dr. Lankford and she said to wait until my contractions start and when they're close together."

"You're trusting that?"

"Christian, she's our doctor. She's delivered hundreds of babies. I'm sure she knows what she's doing."

"Okay. I'll get home quickly."

"Christian, I don't care how you get home just get home safely. That's all I care about."

"Okay. I'll get home. I'll see you there. Don't go into full labor."

"I'll try not to."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Jada, Christian's back," Lizzie tells me as I stand in the shower.

"Okay."

"Have you had any more contractions?"

"No, but how long has it been?"

"15 minutes."

"Okay."

I turn the water off and grab a couple of towels for my hair and body. I step out of the shower as Christian walks into our bathroom.

"What are you doing?"

"I wanted to shower before we left."

"When are we leaving?"

"My contractions are about 20 minutes apart. It's been about 15 minutes since my last one. We can leave soon but I wouldn't be surprised if they turn us away. How'd you get back so quick?"