Should've Been Two MVP's.

Jada~

"Do you want these maternity clothes back?" I ask Camille as she sits on our bed.

"No, keep them. I can always get more."

"Are you sure? They were yours in the first place."

"Keep them. You'll need them at some point."

I stuff the clothes into the back of our closet. We go out to the living room where the boys and Addie are. "What time do you need to be at the airport?"

"6 at the latest."

"Do you guys want dinner before you go?"

"You don't have to."

"Yes or no?"

"Yes."

I go into the kitchen and look through the fridge and pantry before deciding on a staple in this household. Pasta with some sort of sauce. Easy, convenient, and delicious.

Christian comes into the kitchen with Addie as I start boiling water and making the sauce. "Should I just give her the milk in the freezer?"

"Yeah."

I hold Addie as he prepares her bottle. She scrunches her nose at me and I do it back to her. Christian watches us with joy, "Having fun?"

"So much."

Christian messes on his iPad as I read my book before we turned out the lights. I love this about us. We have no problem being in a room together without talking. We're both busy with our own things.

After finishing my chapter, I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do anything else before getting in bed for the night.

Christian sighs as I walk around the bed and look at the baby monitor to see if she's still asleep. "What's wrong?" I ask, putting the monitor down to face my bedside.

"It's nothing."

"Well, now you have to tell me."

I sit in bed until he starts to tell me. "You know how some other former and current players have their own foundation for whatever city they're playing in?"

"Yeah."

"I got thinking when we were in Italy about starting something for Milwaukee."

"So why don't you?"

"Because I already have California Strong and that didn't go so well. We hardly do anything with that anymore."

"That doesn't mean it's still important. There have been fewer fires in the past few years which is great. Starting something in Milwaukee isn't a bad idea. There's not a fire problem out here but even something with academic scholarships or youth baseball or helping the lower class. It's not a bad idea."

"I want to see if Ryan would be interested."

"He wouldn't say no."

"You think?"

"You know Ryan more than I do and I know that he would give anything back to the city that gave him everything."

"That's why I want to do it. This city gave me everything. An MVP, a World Series, a family, and the opportunity to play in a great stadium with incredible fans."

"It should've been two MVPs."

He laughs, "I should've never gotten hurt. I'm still salty about it."

"You should be."

He puts his iPad on the nightstand. He pulls me closer to him having me lay next to him. He holds his hand on my back, "Would you want to help out?"

"Of course."