Waste Any Time.

Jada~

"Let's do it like you did in 2023. Dinner, a band, and raffle prizes. Get the guys to come out again. That helped a ton."

"I don't want it to be the same."

"We'll make it different. This time you're focusing more on academic scholarships. That's different than putting money toward new baseball fields."

"How do we make that different though?"

"This is a stretch but why don't you visit the Milwaukee area schools and get the word out that way? It's not like we're making it super hard and rigorous to try to win a scholarship."

"That just takes a lot of time."

"But there's only one way to show that you mean it. Time is the answer."

"I wish there were more hours in the day."

"I have that thought every single day."

He laughs, "Yeah, I don't know how you do it."

He gets up and takes his iPad and the dishes in front of us, "What's your plan for the rest of the day?"

"I have to start getting ready soon to pick up Corey, Camille, and Wes from the Burbank airport. I'm going to drop them off at their Airbnb. I actually think I have to take Corey to get their rental car since they're not doing it at the airport."

"Why?"

"The last time they did it, some guy fucked them over and now Corey wants nothing to do with it."

I shut my laptop and plug it in, "What's for dinner?"

"I'm not sure yet. I'll ask when I get them."

"They're just going to tell you to make whatever."

"Yes, but I don't want to make something that's going to make her sick or make me sick."

We walk out of my office, "Are we telling them?"

"She'll figure it out and ruin it if we don't."

"Again."

"Exactly. But that means we need to tell our parents soon."

"I was thinking about it earlier. It'll have to be nonchalant. My mom will freak either way."

"And my dad will look at us like we're crazy."

"Not far from it."

He kisses me before we go out separate ways, "Oh, Christian, can you wake her up early? She'll be pissed but I'm sick of waking up in the middle of the night because she sleeps too long during the day."

"Yeah."

"Thank you."

"Are you waiting again?"

"Yeah, we like the surprise," Camille tells me as I start bringing out the food and placing it on the table outside.

Christian takes over for me as I bring Addie's high chair outside and put it in between two chairs.

"I do think it's a girl though."

"I know I'm biased but she is the best thing ever. Girls are so fun."

"Corey wants a boy."

"I figured that. What does everyone want to drink? We have wine, beer, seltzers, water, pop, about anything."

"You guys can drink, I don't care. I'll just have water."

Well, the boys can drink. I hand her a glass of water. "Corey?"