Special.

Jada~

I roll into Cody's bare chest as I start to wake up. Did something happen? He went to bed with a shirt on. I would've liked to remember it if something did happen. Although, I don't think he'd let it happen since I was so tired from yesterday's events.

His deep exhale hits my face. I'm going to enjoy this moment. His bed is so comfortable and warm. I sunk right into his bed last night. He rubs my arm slowly. "Are you awake?" he asks quietly.

"No."

He laughs as I look at him. I want to ask him but I also don't want to make things weird. "Nothing happened. I got hot," he tells me.

Whew. Okay. Good to know. I nod before sitting up. "Should we make breakfast?"

"I like the way you think."

He sits up and places a small kiss on my lips. "I like waking up to you in the morning."

I smile before getting out of his bed. I pull the covers up to the pillows as he does the same. I grab my phone before following him to the kitchen. I stop at the chair where my bag is and find the pair of socks I saw was in there last night.

I go into the kitchen with him, "Are pancakes okay?"

"They're perfect."

He hands me the pancake mix and gets the other ingredients. I find a bowl to mix them in. He puts the pan on the stove as I make the batter. "Do you like coffee?" he asks as he stands beside me.

"Love it."

"Hot or iced?"

"Either but I prefer iced."

"Well, I make a damn good iced coffee if you want some."

"Is it the 'Cody Bellinger' special?"

"I mean, we can call it that."

"I'll try it."

He smiles and goes to his coffee maker while I go to the stove. I find a plate to use after pouring my first pancake. He makes our coffee while I make our pancakes. Once I'm out of the batter, I put the bowl in the sink and rinse it.

I bring the plate of pancakes over to the island as he sets our coffees there. I sit on one of the stools as he got us plates and forks. He hands me a straw. I take a sip of the coffee he made.

"So? How is it?"

I take a few more sips, "It's very good. You'll have to teach me because I can never get it so it's this good."

He smiles, "Secret recipe."

"I'll get it out of you somehow."

After we finished our breakfast, he takes our plates to the sink. I finish my coffee before taking that over to the sink. I stand by him as he rinses the dishes off. He looks at me, "Should we get you home?"

"I do have a few things to do today."

"Really important things?"

"Just getting ready for the week. Boring stuff."

"We can go now. Traffic probably isn't that bad."

"Okay."

Once we get over to my apartment, he walks me up to my door. I unlock the door and set the bag on the couch. "Promise you'll let me know when you leave for Chicago."

"Promise. I shouldn't be gone long but I'm not sure right now."

"Okay. Well, we leave tonight. We're going to Houston and then Miami."