New Realm of Life.

Jada~

"How would you like to work full-time with us?" I ask Lizzie as she stands in our kitchen with me.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I don't know if you've been looking at different jobs since you graduated but we wanted to give you the option to stay with us. Camille and I talked about moving you to salary instead of hourly pay. We can give you more benefits that way. I'm sure you want to get out of the house soon. We talked about creating a new position for you. It'd be what you were already doing but you'd have a lot of freedom and creative space and anything of that sort. I'm not giving you this opportunity because you're my little sister. I know you work hard. I know your abilities. You have a fire in you that strives for greatness. We can give that to you. If you need time to think about it, go for it. But you're now an adult that's not in school and you have to find a job."

"I don't think I need time to think. I've loved working with you and I don't want to stop."

"Okay. We'll get that settled."

"So can I do anything today?"

"This isn't work related but would you be willing to go get my order from Target? I'm supposed to pick it up soon but Christian's about to leave and Alecia has his car right now."

"Yeah, I can do that."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. Oh, speaking of moving out, do you know of any good apartments in Milwaukee?"

"Christian used to live downtown. It was really nice."

"Where?"

Christian comes into the kitchen with Addie, "Hey, what street was your apartment on?"

"Here?"

"Yeah."

"Van Buren."

"It was like two blocks from the Pfister. It was on the other side of Marquette. I know there are newer apartments downtown as well."

"Any place I should stay away from?"

"South side but I'm sure you knew that. You just have to be aware of your surroundings."

"I know."

She heads for the door, "I'll be back with your stuff."

"Thank you, you're the best. I appreciate it."

"You're welcome."

"Why did you need to know what street my apartment was on?"

"Because she wants to move out and I think downtown is perfect for her."

"She wants to move out or do you want her to move out?"

"Both."

He clearly wants more from me, "My dad told me that Michelle said that she can stay there until she has her feet planted into a new job. But I just offered a position for her because I know what she's capable of and I like working with her. Michelle is appreciative of the gesture but she thinks I'm doing it because we're sisters and that she won't get any real-world exposure if she keeps working for me. She thinks I'm babying her like she's not babying her own daughter."

"When have you ever cared what she thinks of you?"

"When she doesn't respect what I do; not that she ever has. It's just more personal now that it's about something I care about."

He shakes his head, "I will never understand."

"I don't want you to understand."

"What do you mean by she's never respected what you do?"