Time is a Thief.

Jada~

"Jada, are you ready?" Christian asks me as he walks into our bathroom as I curl my hair.

"Just about," I tell him with a sectioned piece of hair in my mouth.

I finish curling my hair, "Are you sure you're up for this?"

"Yes. This is the best I've felt in two weeks. I'm taking advantage of it."

I comb through the curls before spraying my hair with hairspray. "Did you grab the sonograms?"

"No, but I will. Is your mom ready?"

"Yeah."

I shut the lights off and find a pair of shoes to wear. I strap the heels onto my feet before grabbing our sonograms from my nightstand. I fold them so they fit in my purse.

"I'm ready."

"You look beautiful," he tells me.

"Thank you. I try."

Alecia gets up to go to the bathroom after finishing her meal. We stack the plates to be taken away. He waits until his mom of is out our sight, "Ready?"

I sink into the back of the booth, "Yeah."

I take the sonograms out and put them between us. "How was the steak?"

"Very good. How was your pasta?"

"Good. I really wanted your steak though."

"You could've had a bite."

"I'll take your word for it that it was good."

Alecia comes back as our server brings back our check. "Thank you," we all tell her.

Alecia starts getting ready to leave but Christian stops her, "Mom, we have something for you."

She looks surprised, "Me? What?"

"I think you should sit down," he tells her.

She slowly sits back in the booth, "You two are scaring me. I don't like it."

"It's nothing bad, I promise."

"Okay, what is it?"

"Um, we're going to need you out here this coming April. We know it's a big ask but we figured you'd probably do anything for your grandbaby."

It doesn't take her long to realize what we're talking about. "You're pregnant?" her voice cracks.

I hold up the sonograms, "Yeah," I say, trying not to cry because she's on the verge of tears too.

She takes them from me, "But you didn't even do the IUI, did you?"

"The week before we were supposed to start it, we found out."

"Oh my gosh, really?"

"Yeah."

"Now you're the only one that knows and we want it to stay like that. We're going to tell her dad and close family before we leave but other than those people, we're waiting until she's at least 12 weeks along."

"I won't say a thing. How far does that make you right now?"

"Eight weeks exactly."

"It's why you haven't felt well the entire time I've been here."

I laugh, "Yeah. He wanted me to make food poisoning for a week."

She looks at her son, "That was a stupid idea. I would've known."

We laugh, "I told him that too."

"Okay, get up. I want to hug you both."

Christian slides out before me and hugs his mom. We hug and I hold onto her, "I told you everything was going to work out just fine."