I'm Happy With Him.

Jada~

I walk into the kitchen as Cody makes breakfast while listening to soft music. I watch him move around the kitchen. He looks comfortable.

"I didn't know you liked country music," I tell him as I make myself visible to him. Whenever he drives, we talk most of the time so I don't pay attention to the music playing.

He looks up at me and smiles. "It's one of my favorite genres."

I go over to him as he stood at the island. He puts the knife down as he was cutting up fruit and turns the music up. He takes my hands and makes me dance with him in the kitchen to the Kane Brown song. He spins me out, making me laugh before bringing me back to him.

He holds his hands on my waist as I bring mine around his neck. He kisses me, "I enjoy seeing that smile."

I smile even harder. "Did you sleep okay?"

"Yeah."

"Good."

"What's for breakfast?"

"Well, I'm going to make myself a smoothie. Do you want coffee?"

"I'd like that."

"Make whatever you want. I have about everything you could think of."

"You have to let go of me so I can make breakfast for myself."

He laughs before kissing me again, "You sure you're okay?"

"I'll be okay over time."

"Okay."

"Miami trip is canceled," Camille tells me over FaceTime as I sit with Cody on the outdoor couch.

"Huh? We were supposed to leave soon."

"You haven't heard anything?"

"No. Is there an email I missed?"

"Possibly."

I get up and go to my bag where I had my laptop. I went home to get my stuff just to come back here. I bring it back with me, "What's going on?"

"Just read it."

I sit down and set my phone against the screen. I pull up my email and look through any that I could've missed. I finally see the important email sitting in my inbox. It was sent last night when I was in Malibu. That's why I didn't see it.

I read it. It's one thing after another right now, isn't it? We've been let go. The entire staff. "What the hell happened? Everything was fine."

"I've been talking to some of the other girls and they said the company had to file for bankruptcy because the CEO is under fire for some allegations made against him so now he's scrambling and trying to cover his ass."

I set my laptop on the table, "Are we even going to get paid? We just did that long-ass shoot."

"Yeah, we'll get paid. I never heard anything from you so I figured I'd let you know."

"Well, I had a long night yesterday."

"So are you two together?"

"Yeah."

"Corey is going to be so excited."

I laugh and look at Cody, "He doesn't know yet?"

"No."

"Let's go out sometime soon! All four of us. We can go to Lure!"

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"C'mon, we're jobless now. Fuck them and the CEO. New beginnings."