Chapter 7

"Fifth, brother..."

Shen Liang's hatred was too evident. No matter how dull Shen Qiang was, she could still sense it. After the momentary shock, a plan formed in Shen Qiang's mind. She deliberately assumed a timid demeanor and shrank her neck. The rims of her eyes also reddened.

"Seventh sister has grown even more delicate and beautiful. I almost didn't recognize you."

Still wanted to take advantage of the public?

Shen Liang's lip curved up and a smile donned his face. Those who were facing him directly would have never discovered that his smile did not reach his eyes.

"Fifth brother also..."

Shen Qiang obviously did not expect Shen Liang to transform so swiftly. She had intended to stoke a fire when Shen Liang turned back to Liu Shuhan without dropping his smile, "Mother, is Father home?"

"He has left for the Imperial Court for some concerning matters and has not yet returned. Liangliang... does Xiao Wu have some matters to discuss with him? Should I send someone to call him back?" *Xiao Wu is Little Five if translated literally. Liu Shuhan is addressing Shen Qiang by his rank of elderly which is related to his other title of the fifth young master.*

Since Shen Qiang's intrusion, Liu Shuhan had the time to recover. He still assumed maintained his gentle pretense, as though their exchange before had never occurred.

"No need. This child's matter is not something worthy of Father's concern. Its just that there's something this child has some confusions I hope Mother can alleviate."

Shen Liang called him "Mother," over and over again, but each time, the word is enunciated. Others may not be able to sense anything, but Liu Shuhan could clearly sense the distaste. However, in public, he could only cooperate, "Oh? What is it? This isn't a suitable place. Why don't we head inside?"

Liu Shuhan felt reviled by the sight of the corpses. In addition, those five years at the countryside had done nothing to expose and highlight Shen Liang's weakness. Rather, he now had a oppressive and noble aura about him. She had to tread lightly and contemplate further on how to deal with him.

"Not necessary. Mother must be curious as to why I had brought so many corpses here?"

Shen Liang deliberately pretended not to hear her words. He slowly headed over to the line of corpses and stretched out a foot to kick the face of one of the corpses so that it would face the mother and daughter pair.

"Ah!"

That face was soaked in blood and the muscles had been twisted and stiffened. Those widened dead eyes still contained the shock and horror she faced right before her impended death. The mother-daughter pair as well as the  servants who had followed out along with them shrieked in horror.

Hidden from the gazes of others, Shen Liang's smile is stained by a touch of mockery. Frightened by just this?

"Mother shouldn't fear. Take a close look. She's an old acquaintance of Mother's!"

After, Shen Liang crouched down and deliberately grabbed the dead face with the hand Liu Shuhan had just touched. At the same time, a shallow smile donned his own expression. Cold sweat permeated the onlookers' backs as they were greeted by such a scene. Shen Liang's gaze resembled that of ghosts and demons, especially for the mother-daughter pair who had ghosts hidden in their hearts originally as is. 

"Grandma Wei?!"

"What?! The corpse the fifth young master brought back is actually someone from the confines of the Marquis Manor?"