Chapter 64

Acupuncture skills were a bare minimum and foundation for medical skills and medicine. Similarly, it was the same case for practicing poison. Shen Liang was very proficient in this art. His technique and skills proved to be both fast and accurate. Qi Yue was accustomed to this. He saw Shen Liang doing this every day, but Physician Yang was simply dumbfounded by this sight. Afterwards, when Shen Liang asked if he remembered the process, he only felt even more at a loss, much less the process.

"Have the Murong Master and his family come in," with a helpless sigh, Shen Liang took the Murong madame's pulse again. His complexion was evidently much better. After ensuring that everything was done smoothly, he headed over to the corner of the bedroom and wrote down with the available brush and ink, the steps and precautions for the acupuncture process.

"Yun'er!"

"Dad..."

Soon after, Murong Hai and his three children hurried inside. When they saw the deathly pale complexion of Murong Yun take a turn for the better, they could not help their exclamations and excitement that threatened to leap out from their chests. Murong Hai's hands trembled as he caressed his wife's gaunt face, "Yun'er, you have to recover."

A drip of hot tears fell on Murong Yun's cheek. Perhaps it was because he sensed Murong Hai's pain and distress, but Murong Yun's tightly shut eyes trembled. The muscles underneath moved, as though they would open any second. 

"Hus, Husband..."

In the next second, the hand Murong Hai had on Murong Yun was covered by a feeble hand. Murong Yun, who had been in a coma for two days now, opened his eyes: "Don't, don't be upset...Husband..."

Accompanied by a hoarse and broken voice, tears also swarmed down Murong Yun's eyes. His husband... Every time he sees him was one less time he would see him. He didn't want to die. He wanted to continue living. He wanted to keep his promise to grow old with Murong Hai. But, his time was drawing to an end...

"Yun'er? You're awake?!" Murong Hai didn't expect his wife to actually awaken. He drew close with anticipation and excitement. 

The Murong siblings also hurried forward: "Dad!"

They couldn't help their tears. The siblings cried even harder. It's been two days. Two days since their dad has been coherent and awake. They never thought... this was great. This was wonderful!

"An'er... Jiang'er..." My son and daughter. I'm sorry. I'm afraid Dad can't you you prepare your dowries and betrothal gifts and watch you all have your own families.

Murong Yun turned his head to look at them with tears in his eyes. He sincerely wanted to speak more but he couldn't. His body was weary and fatigued, atrophied by the poison. He was like an exhausted oil lamp, with nothing left to give. Perhaps this was only a flashback? If he closed his eyes, Murong Yun was afraid he would never see them again. 

"Dad!" Murong Jiang was a daughter after all, and she had always been a relatively sensitive and delicate child. She rushed over and threw herself into Murong Yun's embrace as she sobbed loudly on the spot.

"Jiang, Jian'er..." Murong Yun placed his thin hands on Murong Jiang's head as more tears pooled out. The family of four cried heavily and unceasingly. Not one member of the Murong Family remembered to notify Murong Yun of his situation and that he could be saved. That he couldn't die, harming Murong Yun to be the only one out of all of them who took this to be the last time he would see his family and was prepared to deliver his farewells.

"What are you crying for?" seeing Qi Yue silently wiping his tears away silently, Yaoguang was surprised and couldn't help asking. Qi Yue wasn't part of the Murong Family. What did he have to be upset over?