Chapter 62

As the Qin empire's wealthiest family, the Murong Manor was also located in the inner city, but in the southern region. The area it comprised did not lose to any high-ranking official's manor and the level of luxury was unmatched by many others as well. No one knew the extent of the family's wealth. They only knew what the family lacked the least was money. Several promising generations after generations only added to their massive wealth, but along with that wealth, was trouble. Just the current Murong Family's head served as a prime example. 

"Master, there is someone outside who claims to be here to collect a debt. He said to tell you 'half a month's time has came,' and that you would naturally understand."

Ever since the Blood Jade Linglong had been used and his wife's condition only worsened, Murong Hai himself had aged rapidly. He guarded his wife all day, for fear that his wife would disappear the moment he laxed his guard. When he heard the steward's report, Murong Hai raised his head. His dull eyes were bloodshot: "Half a month?"

"Father, it should be Shen Liang," seeing that he had seemed to have lost his soul, Murong Hai's eldest son, Murong Yu reminded him with melancholy. Tears welled up in his daughter, Murong Jiang's eyes as she threw herself into the arms of her second brother, Murong An. She suppressed her sobs and only unleashed her tears in silence.

"Oh. Everything should have been prepared. Handle the matter for father," Murong Hai finally recalled the matter and said to Murong Yu feebly. He turned his head back around ad held onto his wife, Murong Yun's hand tightly. He had fallen into a coma once again. The doctor said that it was highly likely for Murong Yun to pass away in his sleep. Thinking back, Murong Hai thought of all he had encountered countless obstacles and troubles in his life. No matter how difficult or turbulent the situation presented itself to be, he had always been able to face it without the slightest furrow in his brows. But now, he had been rendered to a state that he felt his heart would stop beating anytime from fright.

Murong Hai's memories recalled that Murong Yun had been his personal servant when they were young. They grew up together, studied together, and faced countless endeavors together. He really couldn't imagine his future without him. If he lost Murong Yun, how was he supposed to live out the rest of his life?

"Father... this child will go now," after some hesitation and looking at his father's weary expression, Murong Yu's heart tightened. He didn't cry like his younger sister, but instead swiftly turned away and left in long strides. 

Simultaneously, in the Murong Manor's hall, Shen Liang was tasting the gragrant tea brough up by the servants. Yaoguang and Qi Yue stood behind him in an orderly manner. The moment Murong Yu came in, he stopped involuntarily. That blatant red... was this really the poor child they had seen at Luofengju? Wasn't his change a bit too severe for half a month's time?"

"Young Master Murong?" Shen Liang's gaze swept to him inadvertently. He placed the teacup down and called out to the young master tentatively.

"En." Murong Yu finally reacted and entered the call. He then cupped his hands and stated, "Murong Yu, the eldest son of the Murong Family greets Young Master Shen. How have you fared?"

"In the time we haven't seen each other, Young Master Murong is still as handsome and courteous as ever," Shen Liang gave him a light smile. He wasn't in any hurry to state the intentions of his visit. 

But the other party was. Right after seating himself, Murong Yu directly stated: "My apologies, Young Master Shen, but some matters have arisen in the manor. We most likely will be unable to entertain your visit. The linen you seek has been packed and stored in the southern Murong storage. Why don't I call forth someone to bring you the items?"

"No hurry. I heard the Blood Jade Linglong has not only not helped the madame's conditions, but also worsened it?"

"You..." hearing Shen Liang's words, Murong Yu was stunned. His expression immediately darkened, "How much do you know."