Chapter 48

"Just them and they want to bully me? How can that be so easy?"

"Yes, yes, yes, our family's Xiao Chao is the most impressive."

"Ge..." the two brothers fought, oblivious to the onlookers. They slowly dispersed while Shen Liang watched the two brothers from a close distance. Nostalgia and envy bloomed in his gaze. When his brother was still home, he protected Shen Liang similar to how Xiang Qing did for Xiang Chao, and perhaps even more fiercely. It was a shame that in his previous life, Shen Liang wasn't even able to see him for the last time before he died. 

A hand suddenly patted his head and a deep, low voice followed, "Little one, it's not like you to cry."

"Duke Qingping!" accompanied by the exclamation, those who still remained swiftly turned their head in shock. When many ladies saw him, peach blossoms bloomed in their eyes. Even the Gers found themselves anxious. If Shen Liang's beauty was an insurmountable androgenous beauty, then Pei Yuanxian's beauty was of peak quality among men. Who knew just how many Gers and young ladies wanted to marry him. It was a shame that while the goddesses had such intent, the king was unwilling. 

Roar!

"Ahh!Ahh!"

"There's a tiger!" 

A beast's roar pierced the sky. Be it the women infatuated with Pei Yuanxian since his arrival or those who were suddenly shocked by his presence, they were all frightened by the beast, including Shen Xiao and the rest of his group who had all been so aggressive before. Their faces turned pale as their bodies turned stiff as a stones. Their eye gaped at the white tiger without a single stray fur of another color standing beside Pei Yuanxian.

Ignoring the females frightened with pale faces, Pei Yuanxian's slender fingers extended to stroke the white tiger's back, "Xiao Bai, quiet."

Xiao Bai? *Literal translation of the name of the tiger is little white.*

Such a giant tiger? What part of him was small?!

"Awl!" the tiger who was majestic just a second ago whimpered and whined as it rubbed its head against Pei Yuanxian coquettishly. Shen Liang, who had fell into silence and grievance from thinking of his brother turned to look at them. The pain in his heart gradually dissipated. He had heard of Duke of Qingping's love for ferocious beasts and even going so far as to clearing several courtyards out in his manor for them. Now it seems like the truth was not far off. If he remembered correctly, didn't he also bring a red fox with the same level of purity in his fur coat color as this white tiger the last time?

And for him to bring the king of the mountains to the Elder Princess's banquet, is he sure he wasn't here to stir up trouble?

The more he thought about it, the more Shen Liang felt it was highly possible. Shen Liang felt a migraine coming and held up his hand to press against his temple out of reflex. When he raised his eyes, he discovered the perpetrator of his headache looking at him with a smile as he retracted his hand.

"What is little one thinking of?"

You're the little one! If we count my previous life, who knows how much older I'd be than you?

But Shen Liang only dared to say these words to himself. After rubbing his temple, his gaze swept over the white tiger. He wasn't sure why but he wasn't afraid of the beast at all. Rather, he felt the tiger was pretty cute.

"Say, little guy, you haven't fallen in love with this lord's pet, have you?"

"....."

Can your f*cking imagination get any more ricker?