Chapter 94

It wasn't until nightfall when Shen Liang was escorted back to Zhonglin Courtyard by Yaoguang and Lei Zhen. A dignified main son of the Marquis Donglin Manor hadn't been home for an entire day and night and no one knew nor asked. It was quite ironic, but Shen Liang didn't care. The rain continued to persist and by the next day, news of the Duke of Qingping's grave injuries spread in court. It was said the Duke of Qingping Palace was besieged and surrounded. Even the emperor himself planned to visit the duke personally.

"Master, the emperor's entourage has left the palace. With him are the three elders, grand master, and the ministers of the five departments." 

In Zhonglin Courtyard, Shen Liang was browsing through medical scriptures he had deliberately had Lei Zhen bring back from the collection the Nether Guards had. When he heard the report, he froze before giving a mocking smile, "A suspicious nature and character is bound to dig a grave for him. Just let him go have a look for himself. The Ironclad Guards should have received the news as well. They will make the necessary preparations."

Shen Liang was not worried. If Pei Yuanxian was a fool, how could he have stayed alive thus far?

"Wangfei, why don't I return to take a look as well?" Yaoguang drew close with interest. There was some concern and worry in the depths of his gaze as well.

Shen Liang raised his head to look at him: "Very well. Make sure to cover up your appearance."

"Wangfei, just rest assured. Besides Tianshu, the rest of the Ironclad Guards all wear masks when carrying missions outside. No one knows our true appearance."

"Good. Leave early and return early," Shen Liang nodded his head before burying his head back into the scriptures. The Nether Guards had a large collection of medical books, some of which were the only copies left in the world. There should be some clues or notes on the Blood Canyang in there somewhere. As long as Pei Yuanxian's Blood Canyang isn't cured, their every move would be like acting with one hand tied behind their backs. 

"Hey, you. I'll be back soon. Look after the Wangfei well. Understand?" Before leaving, Yaoguang still couldn't rest assured and called out to Lei Zhen. 

The latter raised his gaze to look at him with indifference. He then retracted his gaze without giving a response. Yaoguang was immediately infuriated and made the motion to rush forward and argue with him. 

When Qi Yue saw this, he immediately pulled Yaoguang back: "Alright now. Although Liangliang looks like that, he must also be filled with worry. Hurry along now and if anything happens, make sure to come back and tell us."

"En," Yaoguang could only retract his fangs and give up. But before he flew out the window, he didn't forget to make a face at Lei Zhen, earning the laughter of everyone in the room.

"How is the situation with the second and third family?" After being amused by Yaoguang, Shen Liang couldn't settle his mind on the medical books anymore and simply asked Qi Xuan to bring his little nephew over. Meanwhile, he inquired about the manor's situation. Some time ago, he had the Nether Guards spread the news of Liu Shuhan's jealousy and psychotic actions of throwing her items around in her room to Shen Ruiting. The eldest Auntie, Sun Jing, was also a sly and clever woman who took full advantage of the situation. She was immediately aggrieved to cried to Shen Ruiting about divorce, which immediately instigated Shen Ruiting's dissatisfaction. Adding on the there were too many trivial matters in the back courtyard to handle and he couldn't afford to leave the position of the head of the back courtyard empty, he directly had the authority transferred into Sun Jing's hands. In addition, he called on everyone and publicly announced that Sun Jing would be in charge of the back courtyard, at least temporarily.