Chapter 74

Had Shen Ruiting been calmer and leaned over to take a closer look, he might've discovered that the child bore a striking resemblance with Shen Da when Shen Da was still a child. Perhaps he would have found some clues, but it was a pity that when faced against Shen Liang, he could never restrain his emotions. Every time he saw Shen Liang, the image of beloved wife dying from blood lost would surface in his mind."

"Take the child out to Uncle Fu first," after coaxing the child, to prevent him from being awakened again, Shen Liang passed the order to Lei Zhen in a low voice first.

"En, I'll return soon," after some hesitation while looking at Shen Ruiting and Shen Liang, Lei Zhen took the child and agreed. Only then did Shen Liang turn back around to face Shen Ruiting: "This child, I will defintiely raise. If you don't agree, then I will move out of the Marquis Donglin Manor. I will wait until Grandfather and the other return from the borders and request Grandfather help me move my registry into the Wei Family. I will change my surname to Wei and from then on out, I will no longer have anything to do with your Marquis Donglin Manor anymore."

"You dare!" Shen Ruiting, who was already angry, was immediately incensed again. Even though he did wish that Shen Liang could disappear far away, in the views of outsiders, he was always the heir of the Marquis Donglin Manor. If he were to leave and live in his own manor, then the spittle of gossipers would be sufficient to drown them in criticisms. In addition, he planned to seek refuge with the Wei Family. Whenever Shen Ruiting thought of his unreasonable father-in-law, he felt pain in his bones. Back in those years, he had been beaten by him plenty of times. And those brothers-in-laws of his weren't soft people either. They were each more ruthless than the last. His old bones simply can't take another round of suffering from them. But the person he feared the most was still his dad-in-law. That person never beat anyone, but whenever he was faced by those gentle eyes, he would feel ashamed and hated that the man couldn't just beat him like his father-in-law did. If Shen Liang were to head over to them and turn right into wrong, then he was afraid his Marquis Donglin Manor would simply be demolished by them upon their return.

"You can see if I dare or not," Shen Liang's tone was calm but there was naked threat in his gaze. As long as he refused, he would immediately move out. Of course, he didn't intend to move out and simply allow Liu Shuhan and those from the second and third families seize the opportunity to take over the Marquis Donlin Manor with his departure. Quite contrary, before Shen Da returned, Shen Liang would help him maintain his position as the heir. He would protect it well until Shen Da could assume the title that was rightfully his.

"You, you, you..." Shen Ruting's anger erupted. His shaking hand pointed at Shen Liang accusingly for quite a while but Shen Ruiting still couldn't force out anything coherent. Shen Liang wasn't in any hurry as well. He simply leisurely walked around before finding a seat to sit in. His left hand caressed against his Nine Dragon's bracelet. If Shen Ruiting dares to raise a hand against him again, Shen Liang would not be polite either.

"You b*stard thing!" after quite a while, Shen Ruiting was finally able to force something out. After, to prevent himself from dying of anger, he took several deep breaths before saying angrily: "Where did that child come from? It can't be that you and someone..."

In the end, Shen Ruiting still couldn't say the words "affair" and "adultery." But his expressions and glare was sufficient to deliver his meaning.

Shen Liang looked at him as though he was looking at a fool: "If this child truly was born from adultery, then I suspect I'd been buried by your concubine a long time ago. In the years that I've been living at the countryside, she sure didn't forget to send people to watch me. The nanny in charge at the countryside only knew how to scold and beat me everyday. All the rough and tedious labor had been piled onto me. For me to still be alive, I truly do have to thank Dad looking over me in Heaven," his words were filled with satire and didn't leave any face for Shen Ruiting.