Chapter 115

The next day, early morning, Qi Yue and Qi Xuan quietly left the Marquis Manor under the escort of the Nether Guards. No one would've expected that the very day they left, Zhonglin Courtyard almost descended into chaos. Before, with them there, groceries, cooking, cleaning, and babysitting had all been handled by them. With the two of them gone, all the tasks had been left for Fu Ying and Yaoguang, who was evidently not the person to be a virtuous mother type. Shen Liang himself did not need to handle the menial chores and only needed to look after the child, but Yaoguang had no choice but to help out Fu Ying.

Afterwards, the disasters began. While cooking, Yaoguang almost had the kitchen set on fire. When he tried to help with cleaning, the furniture looked as though they had been fished out from a boat accident. When they had him catch ad kill a chicken, he took a sword a directly severed the chicken's head. The chicken's blood splattered everywhere. Even Shen Liang, who was sitting on the porch with Shen You in his arms was splattered and covered in chicken blood. Simply put, chicken flied and dogs jumped in Zhonglin Courtyard.

"Alright. Let's eat now," Shen Liang finally couldn't endure it any longer and passed Shen You over to Yaoguang. He had Fu Ying take over charge of cleaning the courtyard and personally cooked. By nightfall, a fragrant dinner meal was finally served at the table.

"Wow, Liangliang, I didn't expect you to actually know cook. Hmmm... delicious... It's really good..."

Their dinner encompassed a full five dishes and one soup, each of which didn't disappoint in terms of presentation, fragrance, or taste. Yaoguang held the child in one hand, while grabbing and throwing a piece of braised chicken into his mouth with the other. It burned his tongue and caused him to jump and blow heavily but Yaoguang still didn't forget to give Shen Liang a thumbs-up. Gu Ying hurriedly passed him a cup of water and took the child from his arms.

"I didn't expect this either. Liangliang actually knows how to cook."

Before, it had always been him and Qi Yue who took turns cooking. Qi Xuan busied himself with martial arts and most of the time, only handled boiling the water and helping out. Shen Liang never cooked before, and he had always thought Shen Liang didn't know how to.

"Back then at the countryside, the nanny in charge always arranged a list of chores for us to complete. Yue Ge and Xuan Ge were afraid I'd be worked too hard and couldn't bear to let me do the menial tasks. Afterwards, I thought that I needed to help them out with something and slowly, learned how to cook," Shen Liang took off his apron and unraveled down his sleeves as he spoke. However, that was only half the truth. Shen Liang indeed learned how to cook at the countryside and for Qi Yue and Qi Xuan, but it was only after he married Qin Yunshen when he mastered culinary skills. He wanted to please Qin Yunshen with it, but in the end, everything was in vain.

"Let's not talk about those anymore. Where is Lei Zhen? Have him come out and join us. I'm starving."

"It looks like this lord arrived just in time."

Yaoguang didn't want Shen Liang to reminisce on those unpleasant memories and picked up a pair of chopsticks as he sat down. Just as he was about to aim for the sweet and sour fish fillets, Pei Yuanxian's voice sounded. Yaoguang was immediately startled and frightened to the point his chopsticks fell and clattered on the table.

"Master? How are you here?" Yaoguang wanted to cry but didn't have any tears. During lunch, he didn't have enough to eat and fill his stomach. Seeing as how the table filled with delicacies was just about to satisfy his starving appetite, his Master actually showed up. With him here, how did Yaoguang dare to seat himself at the same table as Shen Liang and dine with them?

"This lord can't come?" His phoenix eyes swept a gaze toward him as he deliberately feigned a stern expression.

Yaoguang was immediately frightened and hurriedly waved his hands, "No, no, no. Of course Master can come. Why can't Master come. Whoever refuses to let Master come, I'll be the first person to go against him."