Chapter 112

"You shut up!"

"Yaoguang!"

Yaoguang who stood behind Shen Liang and watched everything conspire finally couldn't endure Shen Ruiting's unreasonableness. Even their lord didn't dare and couldn't bear to speak a single harsh word to their Wangfei. On what qualifications did these people, especially this father of Shen Liang's have to humiliate Shen Liang like this? However, before he had the chance to teach the other party a good lesson, Shen Liang's scolding followed.

"Liangliang!" Yaoguang pouted and complained. 

With his "Liangliang," Shen Liang gave him a consoling smile. He originally wanted Qi Yue to restrain him but when he turned around, he realized that Qi Yue's unconcealed anger wasn't the least bit any lesser than Yaoguang's. Out of helplessness, Shen Liang could only say with a light smile, "I've already grown used to it. What's there to be so angry about? However..."

As he said to this point, Shen Liang stopped and turned his head to face Shen Ruiting who pinned his demanding and questioning gaze on him: "The Marquis spoke quite well. I also want to know why Dad, who had always been healthy would suddenly die from blood loss during my birth. Cursed star and whatnot, I don't believe a word of it. I only believe monsters lurking in the dark when things go wrong. What happened back then, it seems like it's time to look into it as well. Old madame, marquis madame, and marquis, don't let me find out about anything. Otherwise, I don't mind personally sending the entire Marquis Manor to the other world. Let's go!"

A warning and murderous gaze swept across the three people who were called out by him one by one. Shen Liang then turned around and left with his entourage without lingering another moment. As for the members of the Shen Family, they were all dumbfounded and stunned by the ruthlessness and bloodthirst in his tone. No one was able to react in time.

"Eldest, look at this. That is the good son you raised," No one knew how much time passed before the old madame slapped her thighs and cried out. In the past, Shen Ruiting would immediately give in to console her but today, he stared blankly at the entrance of the hall. 

Just when the old madame was about to become even more displeased and was prepared to make an even more extreme fit, Shen Ruiting turned his head to look at her. He looked as though he had lost his soul as he responded with fatigue, "Mother spoke incorrectly. I never raised him."

"You..." it was evident that the old madame didn't expect him to respond like this. The old madame began to panic. It can't be that he had been persuaded by Shen Liang and was also beginning to doubt what happened back then?

"I'm tired. Fight and argue however you will. I'm returning back to rest," without giving any of them the chance to speak, Shen Ruiting stood up and left the hall like a wandering soul. He looked like he had exhausted all of his energy and strength, leaving the entire room dumbfounded and unable to respond. When they finally recover from their stupor and remembered the most pressing issue, Shen Ruiting and Shen Liang had long since disappeared from the hall. And if there was anyone in this manor who could save Shen Xiao and Shen Yang, it would undoubtedly be the two of them.

"Liangliang, why did you stop me. I've wanted to give him a beating a long time ago," on the way back to Zhonglin Courtyard, Yaoguang questioned Shen Liang with displeasure. He considered himself experienced and have seen many things in life, but he had never seen a father like Shen Ruiting. Every word he used to retort back to Liangliang was cold and incisive. He truly was no better than an animal.

"What purpose would beating him up serve to do? Great Qin has always been an empire infatuated with benevolence and filial piety. If that was to spread outside, it would only serve to damage my reputation. In addition, this concerned not only me. Now that the duke and my marriage has become a tense matter, the emperor would love nothing more than to have someone give him an excuse to cancel my marriage with the duke. If that were to occur, all the efforts we've committed to would be in vain."