Chapter 53

Yuehua Residence, Elder Princess's Residency

"This princess sure wants to see, exactly who is it who has such a capability to stir up trouble in the Elder Princess's Manor again and again," hearing the servant's report, Princess Yuehua stated furiously. The Elder Princess was now 40, but she was well maintained, and looked no different if not better than a young lady in her 20s. The Young Master Duanyu's kidnap still hadn't been settled yet, but they were already causing trouble in her manor! If she doesn't respond in kind, then they'll start thinking she was someone easy to bully!

"Mother, please ease your fury. I already had people look into the matter. For now, it seems like the Liu Wenjin sibling pair is indeed the most suspicious. Unfortunately, we lack evidence," sitting right below the Elder Princess's seat was the Duke Duanjun. The man was only in his 20s and had a handsome and exquisite appearance. But his brows were furrowed together. Duanyu was his eldest and only son. Because of the incident, the five-year-old child, who was originally a lively and lovely boy, didn't even dare to meet strangers. As his father, Duanjun felt distressed and felt as though shards were force into his heart. 

"How ridiculous. How much evidence do you need for such an insignificant figure?" The slender but domineering willow brows arched up. The Elder Princess had always had a domineering and arrogant personality. 

Her husband, Duan Qing, shook his head helplessly as he said, "Ah you. You're already at this age and still don't know how to restrain your temper. What Ying'er says has a point, but we still can't guarantee that the matter was instigated by the Liu Wenjin sibling pair. Later, we'll find a reason to call Shen Liang over and speak in private. It won't be too late then to decide after hearing what he has to say."

"That's easy for you to say, but that Shen Liang has suddenly become a fragrant bun. How could the opportunity to speak to him in private just present itself? Husband, why don't you think about it. News about Yu'er was revealed to us in private by Yuanxian through confidential means. Afterwards, Shen Liang personally admitted that he was rescued by Yuanxian. In addition, their relationship doesn't seem like the two of them had only just gotten to know each other. This Princess thinks that there's a nine out of ten chance Liu Wenjin had a role in that incident," the more the Elder Princess thought about it, the more she felt ascertained that it was Liu Wenjin.

"En. I share the Princess's thoughts. But..."

"We still need to hear what Shen Liang has to say, right?" her husband hadn't been able to finish his words when the Elder Princess already finished for him angrily. Seeing his wife's disapproving expression, Duan Qing smiled helplessly. The couple had been married for two decades now. Although the two of them couldn't be described as a harmonious and affectionate couple, the two of them had always held each other in mutual respect and abided and viewed their marriage vows seriously.

"It's not early anymore. We should also head out," no good result would derive from continuing the conversation. The Elder Princess, who donned the attire befitting of royalty, stood up. Her husband extended an arm and the couple headed out together.

Elder Princess Manor, Main Hall.

What happened at the pleasure boat had already been reported and spread amongst the banquet participants. The madames who had gathered and socialized with Liu Shuhan originally out of courtesy tacitly began to disperse and didn't even bother sitting at the same table with her. Zhao Lan and Lu Yang, who had also came from the Marquis Donglin Manor faced the same silent treatment. Especially Zhao Lan. Everyone had already silently come to an agreement that Shen Qiao had attempted to push her cousin into the river and afterwards, even frame him. With a daughter like that, the mother couldn't be much better off.