Chapter 77

It was a common and normal action to pour tea and offer it as an apology, but when placed between Shen Qiao and Shen Liang, nothing was normal. Even Shen Xiao and Shen Qiang could tell there was something wrong, much less Shen Ruiting, who was prejudiced against Shen Liang and occupied with being a filial son. Shen Xiao and Shen Qiang mused to themselves that the second and third family finally couldn't restrain themselves anymore and had made their moves. How could Shen Liang not see through them? Qi Yue, who stood behind him was anxious and frightful. He was deathly afraid that Shen Liang would given in to the pressure and down the cup of tea that obviously had a problem with it.

"Since it was only a coincidence, then why bother apologizing?" His gaze swept through the crowd lightly.

Shen Liang remained indifferent, as though he had not seen through anything at all. As though prepared for such an inquiry, Zhao Lan hurriedly responded: "Indeed, it was only a coincidence but there's also no refuting that Qiao'er caused you to fall into the water. She must take responsibility over her own actions. Qiao'er knows that she was in the wrong. Look at her. It's only been ten so days, and she had already lost so much weight. As her mother, I'm also distressed for her in my heart." As Zhao Lan spoke, he forcefully squeezed out two streams of tears, appearing very miserable. 

Shen Qiao would lost weight because of guilt? More like, from fear!

Shen Liang really was impressed. This family didn't have any notable capabilities at all. However, their ability to speak nonsense with their eyes open truly was something commendable.

"Xiao Wu, it can't be that you truly are as Mother said and still hold a grudge against Qiao'er? Is that why you're unwilling to accept her sincere apology?" Lu Yang, who feared that she couldn't add more to the chaos stepped in to retort sharply. Many people's face darkened with her words.

Shen Liang couldn't help but laugh: "It's seems like I really have no choice but to down this cup of tea today," Shen Liang lowered his gaze and rested it on the delicate teacup. He didn't truly think these people would be foolish to the point they would poison him. But there was definitely something inexplicably wrong with the tea. What was it that would make them go through all this painstaking effort?

"Fifth brother!"

Thud! Suddenly, Shen Qiao gritted her teeth and knelt down, startling those who were present. It was evident that this was not withing their plans at all. From the way they refused to admit their wrongdoings and pinned everything down to coincidence, how could they bear to let Shen Qiao kneel down to him.

"Fifth brother, I truly know that I was in the room. Sob, Sob... Can't you just forgive me..." Raising her head, Shen Qiao cried heavily. Shen Liang reached out to accept the teacup: "Eighth sister, get up. If you continue to kneel, others might think I was bullying you."

Were you not?

Zhao Lan and the others slandered in their hearts but didn't dare to say it out loud. Their hearts twitched.

"Many thanks, fifth brother," seeing that he had finally accepted the tea, Shen Qiao was helped down by a maid. However, she didn't back down. Inside, she stared straight at Shen Liang through her hazy, tearful eyes.

Pretending not to notice the indistinct attention from her and those around him, Shen Liang lifted the lid of the teacup up. He gently swirled the cup around, stirring the tea leaves floating atop it. Shen Liang closed his eyes and smelled the fragrance. Those who knew he knew medicine felt constricted at their throat, frightened that he would smell something.

"Maojian before rain. Sure enough, its good quality tea," but when Shen Liang opened his eyes, he revealed no abnormality. Those around him quietly breathed a sigh of relief and couldn't help inevitably mocking his medical skills. No one noticed that in the moment they relaxed their guard and attention, a cold light emerged in the depths of Shen Liang's eyes, and then disappearing without a trace before anyone could notice.