Untitled Part 107

"And what?" Fu Ying never finished his words and made those who were present anxious. Fu Ying smiled and shook his head: "Nothing. I just thought if they truly bribed the chief examiner, then they won't be released just like that easily. Even if the marquis paid a visit, it would be in vain."

After thinking about it, he still didn't bring up Fu Yunxi's matter. After all them father-son pair hadn't seen each other for quite a while now. Fu Ying couldn't ascertain on exactly what his son intends to do.

"Liangliang, what do you think." Since Shen Liang had planned everything, it couldn't be that he only planned on having them take a tour of the prison cells before returning home and settling for such a result?

"Haha..." Shen Liang who had been called on, laughed. If one looked closely, they would see how cold Shen Liang's gaze was, "Yaoguang and Uncle Fu's words are right. But there're several points to also consider. First, the civil exams case isn't only being handled by the Ministry of Punishment. Liu Shuhan brother-sister pair kidnapping Young Master Duan may seem to have already passed, but the Elder Princess's Manor would just let them go like that. Liu Wenjin still haven't regained his position is the best proof of the matter. Now that Liu Shuhan's son has landed himself in their hands with concrete evidence convicting him, do you think they will let the marquis save him so easily? No matter what, he's only just a marquis. They're the true Imperial and noble family. Second, my marriage with the duke has aggravated the emperor a great deal. He's currently feeling very suffocated and annoyed. Now that the people of our Shen Family have been delivered before him, how is it possible he would just let them go like that? From the perspective of outsiders, the Marquis Donglin Manor and the Duke of Qingping Palace are tied as one. Suppressing the Marquis Donglin Manor is tantamount to suppressing the Duke of Qingping Palace. Third, I had planned everything out with such great effort and painstakingly. How is it possible that I would let them recover just like that?"

Basically, Shen Ruiting wants to save Shen Xiao and Shen Yang? Difficult! And as long as they couldn't return one day, it would be another day of chaos in the Marquis Donglin Manor!

"Does that mean they're as good as dead?" A smile bloomed widely across Qi Xuan's face suddenly. He looked as though he truly was tempted to light some firecrackers. 

However, as though deliberately teasing him, Shen Liang shook his head when he saw him in such giddy joy: "They won't die. The marquis would definitely be able to save them. It's just that..."

Shen Liang was afraid they would have to suffer some. Their future was as good as ruined as well. For them, this would undoubtedly be a result worse than death.

"Just what? At least finish speaking," Qi Xuan scratched his ears and cheeks anxiously when Shen Liang didn't continue his words anymore. 

Shen Liang knocked on his head: "Go think about it yourself. Why do I have to tell you everything? If this continues, that head of yours might rust from unuse."

"Huh?" Qi Xuan covered his head with disappointment. Qi Yue and Fu Ying exchanged glances before laughing helplessly. Liangliang had already revealed this much. What was there left to not understand? Qi Xuan really should start to use his head more.

Duke of Qingping Palace. 

"So that's the case. Normally, Shen Ruiting's face might be enough to save them but they just had to be involved at this time. Liangliang truly forced them into a tight position, leaving them no room to even struggle." Tianshu immediately relayed the news to Pei Yuanxian when he knew of it. Pei Yuanxian thought about it only for a short while before he understood everything.

"Right? The emperor was just worried he couldn't find any faults with the Marquis Donglin Manor and the Duke of Qingping Palace and they just delivered themselves to him on a platter. How filial. Even I'm impressed." Xiao Muchen, who was idle and had nothing better to do loitered in the Duke of Qingping Palace constantly and leisurely waved his folding fan. He couldn't help but be impressed by Shen Liang's tactics. Everything, this entire plan, started with Hui'an's appearance. Now Shen Xian and Shen Yang were arrested. Each case and event closely intertwined with one another. Most importantly, as the mastermind behind the scenes, he extracted himself from everything completely, leaving not even the slightest trace of his presence in this entire affair.