Chapter 38

After being disturbed by Liu Wenjin, the master-servant group of three's mood to shop had been completely ruined. They were prepared to simply pick up Fu Ying before returning to the manor. But then a sudden, unexpected guest ducked into their carriage. By the time they were able to react, they had already arrived at Luofengju. This time, they were directly led to the third floor where Pei Yuanxian sat awaiting them. 

"My lord," regardless of how upset and dissatisfied Shen Liang was, he still took the initiative to give his greetings and respect. Qi Yue and Qi Xuan followed his example but couldn't remain on their feet. Instead, they dropped to their knees as their status required and called out, "Greet, greetings to the lord!"

"....."

Could they be any more embarrassing? It wasn't like they had never seen this man before? Did they have to be this scared?

Shen Liang wanted to support his forehead. He felt completely speechless but couldn't blame the two of them. After all, when they left the Imperial City, they were only eleven and twelve years old. Those they had met those five years in the countryside had only been either old grandmas or farmers. To require them to remain calm when before such a force as Pei Yuanxian in just ten days of returning was indeed too much to ask for.

"Rise. Tianquan, take them to the room next door to wait," Pei Yuanxian waved a hand before saying to Shen Liang, "Sit. You don't seem like someone who would bother being polite and courteous with this lord."

Wasn't it only because you don't have the bearing of a lord at all?!

Shen Liang sat down across from him while stating, "So Luofengju is actually the lord's property."

Otherwise, how was it possible for him to be here? No wonder when Qin Yunshen had designs toward the establishment, its door immediately closed and shut down. Thinking carefully, wasn't that around the time when Pei Yuanxian had returned to the battlefield?

"This lord had the impression that you knew everything," Pei Yuanxian arched an eyebrow and teased restlessly. His phoenix eyes suddenly turned, "What are you still doing here? Do you not want to do business anymore? Did this lord hire you here to be a waste?"

"Don't be like this, third brother. It's rare for Liangliang to come. Let me talk to him and allow us to catch up a bit," Chu Li who had personally invited Shen Liang up didn't take Pei Yuanxian's bad attitude to heart at all. Instead, he suddenly grasped Shen Liang's hand and rubbed it obsessively. "Liangliang, you're looking better and better every day. Ever since you left that day, I couldn't stop thinking about you. Each day that passed felt like seasons. Has Liangliang missed me as well?"

"...."

Clearly Shen Liang never expected for him to make a move so suddenly and even forgot to retract his hands. A murderous demeanor immediately cloaked Pei Yuanxian as his eyes darkened. He had seen lustful perverts, but who had seen such lustful perverts who also committed their deeds without shame and qualm?

"Tianshu!" Pei Yuanxian gritted his teeth. 

Tianshu, who his amongst the shadows materialized: "Master."

"Have his arm severed for this lord!"

"Yes."

"Don't. Don't. Don't. I'll let him go, okay?" hearing Pei Yuanxian's orders, Chu Li was frightened and immediately let Shen Liang's hand go. He jumped back three feet, but Tianshu who appeared to be drawing closer actually hadn't closed any distance between them. Pei Yuanxian's relationship with his brothers were close and intimate, they knew this much.

"Liangliang, look at third brother. He forgets his friends the moment he sees a beauty and even bullies his brothers. You can't like such a man." after temporarily resolving his crisis, Chu Li started to seek death and toy with his life again. 

He complained with an aggrieved expression to Shen Liang. Pei Yuanxian started to sense his rising fury again when Shen Liang stated, "On the contrary, I believe the lord is a man worth liking. Forgetting friends the moment he sees a beauty, such a phrase can derive from many reasons, amongst which one would be because he treasures his wife. What does Shopkeeper Chu think?"

"Huh?" Chu Li evidently didn't expect such a justification as his mouth gaped open. He was momentarily unable to respond. 

"Spoken very well. Liangliang suits this lord's preferences too well. Will you really not consider becoming the Duke's madame?" Pei Yuanxian gave a loud approval. After, without waiting for any of them to react, turned to Chu Li and said in a low tone, "Fork him out!"

"Yes!" this time Tianshu was not polite at all and tapped on Chu Li's acupuncture. As soon as Chu Li lost control over his body, he beckoned for Tianheng and the two of them carried him out. Neither of them bothered with Chu Li's flushed handsome face that had a depressed expression written over it gaze over them.

"Here. Wipe your hands." It was finally quiet. It was unclear where Pei Yuanxian had conjured wet handkerchief he passed over from. 

Shen Liang wasn't polite either and took over the handkerchief to wipe his hands: "Why has the lord suddenly called me over."

First Chu Li stopped their carriage and said they needed to talk about the Blood Jade Linglong. But now, it appears the Blood Jade Linglong was nothing more than an excuse.

"What? This lord can't find you just for idle chat?" He arched an eyebrow at him and before his small, clever mouth could say anything, Pei Yuanxian continued, "This lord's investigation with the Marquis Huaiyang's matter has derived a conclusion. There is indeed such a matter. Since you know of this matter, then you naturally also know who the perpetrator is. Shen Liang, with this matter, besides this lord, no other person can know. There are many matters the current you is incapable of dealing with."

It was rare for Pei Yuanxian to be so serious, but during the last two exchanges they've had, Pei Yuanxian had more or less sensed that Shen Liang not only harbored ill intentions toward the Shen Family, but also the Imperial Family. Although he wasn't clear on the reasoning, Pei Yuanxian had always trusted his sharp instincts. Shen Liang's eyes appeared to be like a calm water without the slightest ripple, but he was no different from a beast out for blood. He was only for the ripe time to ambush and swallow his opponents whole. 

Speaking strictly, they were the same type of people. Towards their enemies, neither of them showed the slightest empathy or mercy when dealing with them.