Chapter 69

The next day early morning, Shen Liang went out with Qi Yue and Qi Xuan before dawn. This time, Yaoguang didn't follow along consciously. Instead, he was placed in charge of ridding the Zhonglin Courtyard of the people the other members of the Shen Family had planted near them. Their carriage did not directly head for the outer regions of the Imperial City, but rather headed for the vegetable market. Shen Liang, who had deliberately dressed in a humble and plain attire, followed behind Qi Yue and Qi Xuan. Only when the crowd gradually begin to increase in volume did the group of three quietly disappear.

"Master, why are you here at this time?" It was only dawn and Wang Qingfeng was stunned to see them when he opened the door at the sound of knocking. His eyes widened as he hurriedly moved aside to let Shen Liang in. Afterwards, he cautiously poked his head out to ensure they weren't being followed before closing the door.

"There's an urgent matter I need to see lei Zhen for. I'll have to trouble Uncle Wang to make the trip for me," Shen Liang still had to report to Tianmen Academy today and didn't have the time to waste. The moment he ducked into the residency; he directly stated his intent.

"What's there to trouble. It's only natural to handle matters for Master. Give me a minute. I'll be right back."

"Alright," Shen Liang watched the other party leave before he fell into deep contemplation. It would no suffice to just make arrangements with the Nether Guards. He still needed to talk to his father. Although he truly was unwilling to see that man, for You'er, no matter how unwilling, he still had to bite the bullet.

"Master!" Shen Liang indeed did not have to wait long. Lei Zhen was there soon enough, and along with him, Zheng Han, Yang Peng, and Yuan Shao followed along as well. Xiao Yu, who had personally went to the northwest border, was the only one among them who was missing.

"Sit. Please don't be polite," Gesturing at the empty seats, Shen Liang said while smiling. The men weren't courteous either and gathered around the table one after another.

"Master, I heard the Duke of Qingping publicly announced his marriage proposal to you. Is that true?" thinking that he had come here because of the message he had Qi Xuan bring him, Lei Zhen directly asked as soon as he sat down. His expression was not kind at all.

"There is indeed such a matter. I also agreed," unaware that they even concerned themselves with this matter and didn't understand why, Shen Liang didn't hide the truth from them. With his matters, there was nothing he couldn't tell them.

"Is Master aware of his true identity?" after looking at him with a complicated gaze, Lei Zhen asked solemnly after exchanging glances with the other three.

Hearing his words, Shen Liang vaguely sensed something wasn't apropos: "True identity?"

Was he not the Duke of Qingping? That can't be. The Ironclad Guards won't mistake their master. It should be that besides the Duke of Qingping, he had another identity that overwhelmed his current one. One that even made Lei Zhen and the others concerned for him.

"It seems like Master doesn't know," Lei Zhen and the other breathed a foul breath at the same time.

After a moment of silence, Yuan Shao raised his head: "Does Master wish to know his true identity?"

"En?" Shen Liang's brows furrowed imperceptibly. Does he? He naturally did but Pei Yuanxian never took the initiative to tell him himself. Why did he have to resort to knowing about the man this way? Does it matter to him whether he had another identity besides the Duke of Qingping? Wouldn't it suffice as long as Pei Yuanxian was still pei Yuanxian?

Understanding this, Shen Liang smiled and shook his head: "There's no need. I took a fancy to the person, not his identity."

He trusted that Pei Yuanxian would tell him everything personally one day.