Chapter 31

'What a coincidence. The moment Xiao Wu's courtyard is being ransacked, the madame just so happened to be paying her maiden family a visit," Shi Lu wasn't afraid of fanning the fire. In fact, she hated she couldn't make the circumstances more chaotic. "But then again, to ransack a courtyard doesn't really require someone to do so personally herself, does it?"

"Third sister-in-law, your words require proof. Did you see with your own eyes that I ordered someone to ransack Zhonglin Courtyard?" Liu Shuhan's head immediately swerved around as her tone carried warning. This matter indeed had nothing to do with her. She was confident in herself, but it was a pity that never in her wildest dreams, could she imagine this matter had her daughter's hands in it!

At this point, Shen Qiang was no longer in the mood to watch the excitement. Seeing her mother continuously targeted by those from the second and third family, her anxiety grew and her resentment toward Shen Liang only increased.

"For mother to return to her maiden family, it must have been concerning the matter with the bandits, correct?" just when Shen Lu found herself unable to retort to Liu Shuhan's words, Shen Liang's voice crisply echoed in the courtyard. Everyone looked at him, perplexed on how the topic shifted to Liu Shuhan's visit to her maiden family.

Only Liu Shuhan's face turned green as she said with furrowed brows, "Xiao Wu. I already told you that the bandits were all Grandmother Wei's doing alone. It has nothing to do with me."

"Is that right?" Shen Liang's lips curved slightly, "I paid a visit to the yamen today and chanced upon an interesting piece of news. The bandits who were after my life were part of the same group that kidnapped the young prince Duanyu. Lord Duan personally led the troops to capture some of the bandits' leaders. What a pity that the bandits took their own lives last night to escape punishment. Mother just so happened to return to the maiden family. I had figured it might have something to do with this. It seems like I overreacted. Fortunately, this has nothing to do with mother. Otherwise..." killing him wasn't anything, but to kidnap the Elder Princess's grandson was a crime capable of beheading the entire family!

'Xiao Wu, you cannot say such things so easily." Liu Shuhan's fury was sufficient for smoke to rise from her head. She never expected Shen Liang to speak of this matter out loud and here, at that. If this matter was spread out and reached the Elder Princess's ears, regardless of whether there were any trails or clues leading back to her, those from the Elder Princess's Manor would remember her and her Liu Family. This little b*stard's move was simply too vicious!

"Did I say something? Wasn't I only exclaiming how fortunate and thank goodness the matter had nothing to do with mother?" Shen Liang arched an eyebrow with an innocent expression. However, he then said solemnly, "But mother, even if you have nothing to do with the bandits, Grandma Wei is still a servant from your quarters. When the time comes, there will inevitably be people sent here to question mother. For mother to be here arguing with me now, perhaps mother should think about how you would explain to the people from the Ministry of Punishment."

"You..." Shen Liang appeared to be kindly giving out suggestions, but the warning and gloating amidst his words were evident. Liu Shuhan was infuriated, but Shen Liang did not give her the opportunity to retort with authority. He bent down and helped Qi Yue and Qi Xuan back to their feet.

"Grandmother, mother's maiden family and the matter with the bandits will keep mother occupied for quite a while. As for this matter, why not leave it for the two aunties to handle. I believe that second and third aunt will give me justice."

He was helping the second and third family seize power and authority?

Liu Shuhan fiercely glared at him while Shen Zhao and Shen Lu could not suppress the look of ecstasy in their gaze. Even the old madame couldn't help but be stunned by the turn of events.

Rebirth of Poisoned Empress, by 颜若优雅जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें