Chapter 78

".... Uncle Fu, I'm just distressed," after giving him a long stare, QI Yue choked up with tears again, "Xiao Xuan and I lost our parents and relatives when we were still very young. It was the eldest young master who picked us up and took us back. At that time, Liangliang was only five to six years. old. He was so small and very cute. We fell in love with this delicate, adorable, and shy little Di Di at first glance. At that time, the eldest young master asked us if we were willing to care and protect him for the rest of our lives. We agreed without hesitation. Since then, we became the people who accompanied Liangliang's side since. We watched him through his struggles and obstacles. Five years prior, the marquis sent him to the countryside. Liangliang cried until he fainted right then and there. His fever persisted as he talked through his sleepless dreams. It was only two to three months after before he recovered. But even then, the madame still wouldn't let him off. Whatever tedious and laborious work and chore they had at the countryside; it all fell on our shoulders. Although Liangliang could not be considered pampered, but under the eldest young master's protection, he had never done such laborious chores before. In less than a day, his hands had been covered in blisters.

When mentioning this, Qi Yue broke down and began sobbing. Fu Ying hugged his shoulders, heartbroken. It was only after a long while that Qi Yue sniffed and continued while choking: "Xiao Xuan and I were distressed. We took over all the work behind the nanny's back. We were worked to the bones like dogs. Liangliang was very considerate and also very well-behaved. No matter how late it was at night, Liangliang would save some warm water for us to soak our hands and feet in after a day's worth of hard work. He saved on food as well and ate as little as he could so he could save the rest for us. He said we were tired and should eat more. That he didn't work anyways and it was alright for him to eat less. Uncle Fu, say, we're slaves. Where have you ever heard of a master saving food for us to eat? Liangliang is such a caring and adorable child. How could they bear to treat him like this?"

Qi Yue sobbed, and his voice had turned hoarse from his demands. His tears pooled down like torrential downpour. His heart felt like it had been grasped by someone and wrenched hard.

"It's over now. It'll only get better in the future," Fu Ying hugged him gently while patting him on his pat tenderly. His eyes reddened. He knew they had a hard time but hearing it with his own ears was still a completely different experience. He felt distressed as well, for Liangliang, and also for Qi Yue and Qi Xuan. They were all children. Good children. 

"It's exactly because it's all over that I'm upset. Uncle Fu, you shouldn't know but ever since Liangliang turned thirteen, that nanny's son had set his eyes on him. There had been many times that Shen Liang had been attacked by him. The nanny didn't care either. In fact, she'd be nothing but happier had he succeeded and even helped her son harm Liangliang. Say, if the madame hadn't hinted at it, how could she, a mere slave dare to be so audacious? Our eldest young master finally made a name for himself and the Master had no choice but to bring the fifth young master back to the manor for his reputation. We won't even mention what happened on the way back. We watched as our days appear to be turning for the better. The eldest young master has his own child now. The fifth young master and the duke also seem interested in one another. But, but they actually derived such a vicious plan to harm Liangliang with. That's Juezi medicine! Once a Ger married but can't conceive a child, no matter how much his husband loves him, in order to carry on his bloodline, he'd have to take in another concubine. Once the concubine conceives a child, then how will Liangliang's days still fare? They are simply forcing Liangliang to his death!" Qi Yue cried and roared hysterically. 

His whole body trembled and shook uncontrollably. Fu Ying felt the tears gather in his own eyes before they escaped out. He hugged tightly onto Qu Yue and comforted him: "I know. I know everything. Don't be like this, Qi Yue. If Liangliang sees this, he'd be distressed. Rest assured. We will definitely return everything back. Definitely."