Chapter 50

The moment Pei Yuanxian brought Shen Liang on deck, he tore off his cloak and wrapped it around Shen Liang. After the tumble, Shen Liang's hair tie had came loose, allowing his strands to pool down his shoulders. Some taped against his cheeks, making a somwhat embarrassing sight. With most of their attention still on Shen Qiao, Shen Liang was able to escape their gazes. With that, even less people noticed that the person who saved Shen Liang was the normally aloof and domineering Pei Yuanxian. 

But just because not many people noticed doesn't mean no one did. The princes who still had designs had quietly noted down the two people and silently watched them. Pei Yuanxian's expression was cold, while Shen Liang also had a dark expression. As they couldn't sense anything else from the two, even after pondering about it, they could only attribute Pei Yuanxian's behavior to his and Shen Liang acquaintance. Saving him was effortless for Pei Yuanxian anyways.

Shen Qiao!

Wrapped in Pei Yuanxian's warm cloak, Shen Liang lowered his gaze. The storm brewing in his eyes were invisible to everyone else. He never expected that the first person to target him would be Shen Qiao. Very good. Very good! Zhao Lan couldn't wait to put him in a difficult position and humiliate him. Her daughter also put in quite an effort. He sure wants to see in the end, who was the party who would be humiliated!

Pei Yuanxian, who was closest towards him, sensed the change in his demeanor. He raised his head and looked at the brother-sister pair who had just been pulled up. A trace of cruelty flickered within the depths of his eyes. He wasn't a fool. No one else fell down. It just had to be Liangliang and Shen Qiao. Even if they beat him to death, he wouldn't believe that this wasn't someone's deliberate schemes. Almost immediately and subconsciously, he chose to believe Shen Liang. He suspected that it should've been Shen Qiao who wanted to push him down. In panic, Shen Liang grabbed onto her and dragged her down with him. 

"Your hair's wet. Dry them," as the two of them were pondering on the matter, no one noticed the man who approached. It wasn't until a white handkerchief was extended over, and a familiar yet foreign voice sounded, that Shen Liang froze. He raised his head in slow motion and a gentle and handsome face appeared within his sight. The resentment and hatred he accumulated as he was dying in his previous life coursed through him. No matter how strong Shen Liang's self-restraint was, he found himself barely able to restrain himself. It was him: Qin Yunshen!

How could he...

Qin Yunshen was not a fool. He was able to immediately capture the intense hatred that greeted him from Shen Liang's eyes. Qin Yunshen froze as well. He was sure today was the first time the two of them had met. Where did this intense hatred come from?

It was a shame that before he could take a closer look, Shen Liang's eyes had turned into indifferent, calm waters. Qin Yunshen couldn't find the slightest trace of the hatred he had sensed before. At the same time, Shen Liang lowered his head again, "Many thank, but I won't bother Your Highness."

Seeing that Shen Liang forcible suppressed his hatred, Shen Liang's following alienation became evident and obvious as well. For a moment, Qin Yunshen's hand that had been extended with the handkerchief halted in front of him. 

"Fifth Young Master!" at the same time, with Yaoguang's help, Qi Yue was finally able to break through the crowd and squeeze through. He took out his handkerchief and wiped Shen Liang's face and wet hair with distress. He hardly noticed his actions had pushed aside the fourth prince while also indirectly giving Qin Yunshen room to escape from the awkward situation. 

Regardless of whether it was Shen Liang's fleeting hatred or Qin Yunshen's sudden extension of goodwill, Pei Yuanxian caught them all. His handsome face became even sharper and colder. Although he was displeased with QIn Yunshen's actions, what he was even more dissatisfied with was Shen Liang's obvious abnormality when concerning Qin Yunshen. His intuition told him there was something between the two of them.