Chapter 73

"Is what you said true? Are you certain that it was an infant?" with the cloak wrapped around her, Liu Shuhan took a seat as she demanded with a concentrated voice.

The young maid was nervous by her firm gaze and said tremblingly: "Yes, it's true. Many people saw it."

"Tell the steward to keep an eye on the matter. I want to know how old that baby is. Who he is, and why Shen Liang took him to find the marquis."

"Yes," the young maid didn't dare to stay any longer and hurriedlt retreated. Liu Shuhan's mind was racing fast. At first, she subconsciously wondered if the child might be that b*stard's illegitimate child. If he was, then it would be a godsend opportunity to ruin him. But before the excitement could fully settle in, Liu Shuhan suppressed it herself. The little b*stard's every action and move at the countryside had been watched by the nannies she sent. It was simply impossible for him to have had a child without her knowing.

Then whose child was it? Why did Shen Liang deliberately take that child into the main courtyard, where he never stepped a foot in since the day he returned? It couldn't be...

It couldn't be an illegitimate child the marquis raised outside?

Thinking that there really was such a possibility, Liu Shuhan jumped up with fierce eyes. Her gloomy face had a distorted expression on it as she resembled a devil.

Concurrently, the old madame and those from the second and third family all received the same news. Everyone had their own guesses on the child's identity. They also sent people to inquire and investigate the matter. As for Shen Liang, who had instigated this commotion, he appeared completely oblivious to all of this. The entire way there, he ignored the scrutinizing and curious eyes of others as he headed to the front courtyard.

"Fifth young master," the main steward of the back courtyard hurriedly caught up to him, out of breath. 

Shen Liang passed the child in his arms over to Fu Ying before turning around and arching an eyebrow at him indifferently: "Do you need something?"

Some people sure acted fast. You'er status and identity must have made many of them panicked and scratching their heads.

"Is the fifth young master heading to the front courtyard to look for the marquis?" Although the steward inquired like that, his gaze kept sliding over to the child. It was a pity that Shen Liang had wrapped him tightly in blankets and there was simply no way to see what he looked like. He couldn't even tell how old the child was. Other than that it was a baby, nothing else could be derived.

"What? Do I need your permission to see my own father?" pursing his lips, Shen Liang was not polite with his words at all. This steward... if Shen Liang wasn't mistaken, he should be one of Liu Shuhan's distant relatives?

"No, no, no, the fifth young master has mistaken me. How could this servant have the audacity to question fifth young master's actions," hearing Shen Liang's words, the steward hurriedly waved his hands. Now that Liu Shuhan had lost power, he also didn't dare to publicly and blatantly offend Shen Liang. But his attitude truly wasn't one a servant had towards a master, but rather one would have towards a younger junior.

"You're right that you don't dare question, but you did dare to stop me for no reason and delay my path. Can the steward bear all the responsibilities?" With a sudden change in momentum, Shen Liang stepped forward and demanded harshly.

"Fifth young master..."

"You dog servant!"

"Ah!"

The steward was stunned, and originally planned to continue wrangling with Shen Liang with a smile when Lei Zhen's sharp chastise accompanied a sharp pain in his knee. He fell to his knees with a scream.