Chapter 16

Shen Liang's words undoubtedly made Liu Shuhan, mother-daughter pair's face darken and turn ugly. Especially Liu Shuhan. She never expected that the cowardly and timid youth who had been "exiled" for five years actually dared to slap her. If it wasn't for Shen Ruiting's presence, she suspected she would still be in a stupor right now. And now with Shen Liang's words and comments, hatred immediately seeped into her bones. She despised him! She wanted nothing more than to carve the skin off his bones and cut him a hundred, a thousand times!

"You... You little b*stard! I'll beat you to death!"

In the past few years, no one had dared to mention Wei Zetian before him. Shen Ruiting was furious and was prepared to rush forward when Liu Shuhan pulled him back with pretense, "Forget it, Marquis. Xiao Wu just returned home. He must have believed the rumors outside after encountering such a circumstance. Moreover, that priest from the White Cloud Temple was hired by me by mother-in-law's request. It's not unreasonable for him to begrudge me. Marquis, don't be too stern."

Her words were aggrieved and gentle but alluded to Shen Ruiting that Shen Liang was a calamity. Wei Zetian's death was also caused by him. 

"You're still speaking for him! If I beat him to death today, I can be considered ridding this society of a disgrace!"

She Ruiting's eyes widened as he stared down at Shen Liang. His gaze held a murderous intent, and his words weren't just a facade. 

"Go ahead. My dad used his life to give birth to me. If you have the capability, beat me to death. Once I head to the other side, I'll tell dad everything. I'm afraid even after your death and in the next life, don't even dream about ever having any fate or opportunity with my dad ever again!"

Shen Liang sensed his murderous intent and didn't hold back either. Whether his dad had truly died from a complicated childbirth was one matter, but even if he did, what did it have to do with Shen Liang? Why should he bear the crime of this matter? He himself also lost his dad. If they have the capability, then just stuff him back into his dad's womb, don't let him be born. It wasn't like Shen Liang himself had a choice to come to this world and the person who had the least qualifications to despise him for this matter was Shen Ruiting!

"You, you, you..."

Shen Ruiting was infuriated, and his hands trembled vigorously. The corners of his lips trembled as he exclaimed, "You don't deserve to mention him!"

If it wasn't for him, how could Zeqian have died?!

"I don't deserve to? And you do? Don't f*cking disgust me. You continuously speak of your love for dad, but didn't you still take in a concubine? Your son from the concubine isn't much younger than my eldest brother. Isn't your love a bit cheap?"

If one truly loved someone, how was it possible he would let his wife suffer from such grievances?

Back then, his dad had given up everything to marry his father. He refused to listen to his grandfather's opposition and even severed ties with the Wei Family. And what about his father? What did his father do?

"That was because..."

Speaking of this matter, Shen Ruiting couldn't help but suffer from a shortness of breath from his anger. And away from his view, Liu Shuhan's gaze pinned on Shen Liang viciously. 

"Do you want to say you had no choice? Perhaps you can use that excuse to justify the first time. But the second time? Third time? And countless times afterwards? Don't forget, you also have a daughter one year younger than I!"

Shen Liang straightened his back as his gaze fell on Shen Ruiting unfalteringly. His tone was filled with mockery and sarcasm.

"Who told you these matters?"