Chapter 102

Shen Liang had just left when the Duke of Qingping Palace sent out news of Pei Yuanxian's recovery. Not only were they able to stop the bleeding, but if cared for well, he would soon no longer be in life- threatening danger. Such a matter was like thunder descending over the Imperial City, rendering many people dizzy and unable to recover. Those who suffered the worst from the impact was none other than the emperor himself, who originally thought he had planned out everything well. Once Pei Yuanxian died, he would be able to control and take over command of the Ironclad Guards through Shen Liang. Who would've expected that the injury even the head of the Imperial Hospital Wu Ci, couldn't handle, Shen Liang was able to handle and resolve easily? Not only was all of his plans rendered in vain suddenly, but he had also allowed Pei Yuanxian to gain a good marriage, deriving a Wangfei others couldn't even hope for.

Not only did he lose his madame, but he also lost his troops. There was undoubtedly no better portrayal of the emperor's situation.

"The Duke of Qingping's condition improved?" because of the continuous rain that had persisted for over 20 days now, all of the six departments were swarmed and overwhelmed by a heavy workload, especially the Department of household Registry, which oversaw taxation, currency, officials' salaries, financial revenue and expenditure. The moment Shen Liang left, Shen Ruiting returned to the court offices and buried himself in his workload. It wasn't until his colleagues, congratulatory words sounded one after another that he knew of this matter. He too, was shocked by the news.

They had to know that he was someone who had personally seen Pei Yuanxian's grave conditions. How could he suddenly recover just like this?

"Isn't that the truth? Marquis Shen, I heard the marriage formalities had already been settled this morning and now they're only waiting for the duke to send an entourage over to welcome the bride into their own manor. This is undoubtedly great news."

"The way I see it, it must be the Marquis Shen's good son's blessing. Otherwise, why is it that no one could cure the duke but the moment he paid a visit, the duke was able to recover?"

"Alright now. What blessing? I've never heard of such. The only reason why the duke wasn't able to recover was because they had no way to stop the bleeding and the duke lost too much blood. I heard even Wu Ci was rendered helpless in that matter, but it just so happens that Young Master Shen has superb medical skills and was able to stop the bleeding in just a short amount of time. Only then was the duke able to escape death."

"What Young Master Shen, Young Master Shen? In the future, you'll have to start addressing him as Wangfei."

"Congratulations, Marquis Shen. In the future, the Duke of Qingping would be no other than your son-in-law."

The colleagues in the Ministry of Household Registration voiced their opinions one after another, immersed in their enthusiasm and excitement. Shen Ruiting was also able to derive the truth of the matter from their words. It was just, his mood could not be considered good at all. Neither could it be considered bad. It was simply complicated. Shen Liang was his own son, but he didn't even know when Shen Liang had acquired such strong medical foundation.

"What is going on? Didn't they say he was about to die? How did he suddenly recover?" in the main courtyard of the Marquis Donglin Manor, Shen Qiang, who was fixated on gloating over other people's misfortune and was considering how to taunt Shen Liang the day of his marriage ceremony didn't expect the news of Duke of Qingping recovering to halt her plans. She, who was dumbfounded by the news and found herself in disbelief, couldn't even bother with the proper etiquette and bearing appropriate of a noble young lady as she ran over to the main courtyard the moment she lifted the hems of her dress. She needed to talk to her mother about this.