Chapter 90

"Use mine. I have plenty of blood."

"Use mine..."

"Mine..."

When Lei Zhen returned, it was already an hour later. A young, petite woman trailed behind him. After checking Pei Yuanxian's condition again and confirming that there wasn't a problem, Shen Liang had fell asleep by his side with his hand still holding onto Pei Yuanxian's. When it was spread around the manor that Pei Yuanxian needed a blood transfusion, everyone in the manor except for Old Lin had their sleeves rolled up and eager to contribute. It was also their bickering that woke Shen Liang up.

"You all calm down. Not anyone's blood can be used."

"So noisy. Quiet down," Lei Zhen and Shen Liang's voice sounded at the same time. The eager and excited group of men all quieted down unanimously. When they turned around saw Shen Liang who had rose, they remembered that he was supposed to be resting.

"What is the matter?" Shen Liang took Pei Yuanxian's pulse again before heading towards them. His furrowed brows revealed his unpleasant mood. 

Yaoguang and the others who had been treated coldly by him the day before couldn't help but shrink their necks before silently taking a few steps back. On the contrary, Lei Zhen approached Shen Liang with the petite woman in tow, "I've brought the equipment. The elders were afraid you would have trouble operating it seeing as it is your first time and sent an experienced person along as well. Her name is Yuan Ling. She's Ah Shao's younger sister."

"Greetings to the Master!" Yuan Ling stepped forward and paid her respects to him gently. 

Shen Liang raised a hand, "There's no need to be so polite. Come on over and have a seat."

After, he led to way and headed over first. His face was pale from worry and lack of sleep. As he was suddenly woken up from the discord outside, his head still felt a bit dazed.

"Sure enough, the Master truly is very beautiful," seeing this, Yuan Shao drew close to Lei Zhen and said in a hushed whisper. Word of their Master's calling had already spread amongst the Nether Guards. Each and every one of them were curious and some even snuck into Tianmen Academy to take a look. It was just they didn't dare to reveal their presence to him. 

"Be careful that the Master will hear you," indulgently poking her forehead, Lei Zhen led her to Shen Liang. "Master, if it's only for a blood transfusion, there should be no problem. Why don't you retire to the guest room and rest? Don't worry about matters at the manor. I already explained and talked to Uncle Fu and the rest of them. With such a heavy rain outside, I suspect no one would head over to Zhonglin Court as well," seeing that Shen Liang's complexion was bad, Lei Zhen advised with concern. Shen Liang's health was worse than an average person's. In addition, he had been suffering from migraines for the past few days. A lack of sleep and rest was undoubtedly a tremendous harm to his poor foundation.

"It's alright," waving his hand, Shen Liang placed the hand he had rubbing his temple down. "Where's the equipment?"

"It's here. It's here," Yuan Lin hurriedly opened up the backpack she had on and opened the cover. The equipment inside was already soaked through. It seemed like only the small slips of oil paper remained dry. Shen Liang reached in and took out a tube. He had seen the items' drawing and explanation in the manuscripts before, but it was still a different matter seeing it in person. Seeing it for the first time, Shen Liang was inevitably astonished by his ancestors' ingenuity. "The manuscript says we'll need blood testing paper. Do we have that?"

"Yes, it's this," Yuan Lin took out the greasy paper slips and presented to him as though she was presenting a priceless treasure. 

Shen Liang lowered his gaze and looked at it: "Tianshu, call on everyone to go with Yuan Lin and have their blood tested."