Chapter 65

The moment Shen Liang arrived home, he heard about the Lotus Fragrance Courtyard sending servants for his presence. Shen Liang deliberated over it and didn't bother with it. He also didn't deliberately head over to engage in a verbal confrontation with the group of women there at the Lotus fragrance Courtyard. What was strange was the the Lotus Fragrance Courtyard didn't send anyone over anymore. The Marquis Donglin Manor fell into a rare and peaceful environment. Shen Liang continued to forego paying respects to the old madame in the morning. In fact, he seemed to have placed himself into a forgotten corner in the Marquis DOnglin Manor.

But there was one matter Shen liang thought was strange. Pei Yuanxian had not come to bother him for three days now. When he asked Yaoguang, the boy said he didn't know either. From Shen Liang's understanding of Pei Yuanxian, this was abnormal. With his unscrupulous character, since he had already derived Shen Liang's acquiescence, shouldn't he be constantly materializing before Shen Liang to enforce his sense of presence and existence?

"Liangliang, the second family has passed news that the Tianmen Academy will resume classes tomorrow. They inquired whether you will head there with seventh Young Lady and the others."

Shen Liang was still holding a medical scripture and wondering if Pei Yuanxian had been preoccupied with something when Fu Ying called out to him. Shen Liang recovered from his trance and placed the medical scriptures down for the teacup: "There's no need. I recognize the way."

Demons are lurking where abnormality presents itself. Not only Liu Shuhan, but the second and third family had also been abnormally quiet these past few days. Too quiet. They must be planning some sort of conspiracy or tricks again. Counting the time, shouldn't their plans be executed right about this time?

"That's fine too. With your identity and status, it will suffice to just head over to the dean and ask for an identification token. There's no need to get further involved with them," Fu Ying had also came from Tianmen Academy and was familiar with the process.

"En, has Xuan Ge still not came home?" nodding his head, Shen Liang raise his head and looked around. Qi Yue was in the yard concocting herbs. Yaoguang had disappeared. And Qi Xuan was nowhere to be seen.

"Should be soon.... no, as we're speaking."

"Liangliang!" Fu Ying hadn't even finished his words when Qi Xuan bobbled into the courtyard. The master-servant pair couldn't help either of their smiles. Since Qi Xuan started learning martial arts, he had only become even more livelier and energetic. Their courtyard simply couldn't contain him anymore. Regardless of whether there were errands to make or not, he could be found running out from time to time. Shen Liang was also happy to leave the matter of contacting the Nether Guards to him.

"You guys talk. I should go prepare lunch," aware that Qi Xuan must have news to report to Shen Liang, Fu Ying left consciously. Shen Liang didn't refuse. It wasn't that he didn't trust Fu Ying, but the Nether Guards were too vital a matter. The more people who knew about them, the more dangerous it was. Except for Qi Yue and Qi Xuan, Shen Liang hadn't told anyone else about their existence.

"Liangliang, Zhen Ge had me tell you that the person you're trying to find has been found. Also, Zhen Ge wants to meet with you sometime and inquired when would be a convenient time," when only the two of them remained in the courtyard, Qi Xuan drew close to Shen Liang and whispered into Shen Liang's ears. He was no a fool either and knew that the Nether Guards weren't a force that they should easily advertise.

"See me? Did he say with regards to what?" Shen Liang's brows furrowed in an indecipherable degree. What could Lei Zhen need to see him for possibly at this time?

Qi Xuan shook his head: "No. Zhen Ge only said he wants to see you and nothing else."

"Very well, then I'll find an opportunity to pay Uncle Wang a visit tomorrow. We can take advantage of the time to see that person they've found along the way." It just so happened that Tianmen Academy was opening tomorrow. It shouldn't prove difficult to find a chance to lose Yaoguang. Although he had agreed to marry Pei Yuanxian, that didn't prove to be a reason to tell the man everything. Besides, Shen Liang trusted that Pei Yuanxian kept more secrets from him than he did Pei Yuanxian.