Chapter 122

The next day, before the sun even rose, the Lotus Fragrance Courtyard sent servants to notify participants of their entourage of their coming departure and to meet at the front gate at two to head to the temple together. Qi Yue and Qi Xuan both ridiculed and voiced their dissatisfaction but Shen Liang himself, didn't say anything. He was even in the mood to play with his little nephew for a while before heading back to his room to change.

It wasn't appropriate to head to the temple with too ostentatious of an entourage. It would prove to be a great disrespect to the Heavens and Shen Liang had no choice but to consider and cherish his reputation amongst the public. He deliberately chose a set of pure white attire with black edges and embroidery to wear and another spare light blue attire. His hair was also tied into an elegant, but simple style with a gold inlaid jade crown matched with the blood jade hairpin Pei Yuanxian had gifted him. His belt was also a simple black accessory with auspicious clouds embroidered on the surface which served to make his already slender waist seem like one could wrap his arms entirely around it.

"That's what being beautiful is. No matter what you wear, you're still beautiful. I'm afraid today's Liangliang will astonish everyone once again today," Yaoguang looked at him up and down and couldn't help but marvel at their Princess Consort. When he donned an elegant red, he was the focus of attention wherever he went. It was as though red was a color crafted for him. But when Shen Liang wore a single white attire, supplemented by black, the attire accentuated his cold and noble temperament. Shen Liang was like a snow lotus perched at the top of a snow mountain. He was like a banished immortal, sacred and profane, and one who should not be tarnished.

"You're exaggerating. Have what I asked for been prepared?" Shen Liang placed the blood jade bracelet around his wrist as he shook his head in amusement. perhaps it was strange to see a man wear such an accessory but Shen Liang had the beauty to justify it. His figure was slender and his wrist was thin. The bracelet looked better on him than it would on many women.

"Everything's been prepared for. Say, why did you have me make so many steamed buns for?"

At the time of Yin (3-5am), he had been called up. Even the Nether Guards weren't spared as they were all arranged to knead dough and the smoke from the smokestack in the kitchen never ceased to stop coming out since. Baskets filled with steamed buns, which should amount to thousands, were loaded into a carriage.

"Naturally, because they'll have their uses." Shen Liang gave him a mysterious smile. Already dressed, he pushed open the door and headed out. Qi Yue and Qi Xuan were waiting for outside but Fu Ying was nowhere to be seen. He should have taken the child back into the room to prevent him from crying when he sees Shen Liang leave. The child was already seven months old but still trailed after Shen Liang like a tiny tail. As long as Shen Liang was present, then it had to be Shen Liang who carried him. Otherwise, the child would cry and scream to the point it made others doubt their life.

"Liangliang, please be careful. Return safe."

"En, I know."

The moment Qi Yue and Qi Xuan saw him, their series of warnings and instructions didn't cease. Shen Liang nodded his head and gave the two of them a comforting smile. The moment Lei Zhen appeared, he gave the man a nod and prepared to depart, "Let's go."

The three of them stepped out of the courtyard together. Qi Yue and Qi Xuan sent them out the courtyard before returning with worrisome expressions.

Compared to the schemes they came up with last time, the women this time didn't do anything to the entourage this time. Perhaps they were afraid Shen Liang would back out of the trip but currently, Shen Liang was simply an existence who knew no bounds. There wasn't anything he wouldn't dare to do. On the surface, they called him little b*stard and scolded him, but in their hearts, they were all afraid.