Chapter 113

Deep inside the Ministry of Justice's prison, the atrocities that had lasted for a full two hours were finally coming to an end. The naked criminals were lying or sitting in all sorts of positions, their filthy faces painted with a vivid redness and satiation. Meanwhile, Shen Xiao and Shen Yang, who had been tortured for two hours, were discarded into a corner. Their bodies were twisted, still maintaining the posture of being violated, and their completely naked bodies were covered in filth, like broken dolls on their last breaths.

"Bring them out. Have a physician come over and look at them. They cannot die," The Duke of Duan's voice suddenly sounded. Shortly afterwards, the prison cell doors swung open. Several prison guards dragged Shen Xiao and Shen Yang out as though they were dragging dogs out. The two youths were breathing heavily and as their bodies were suddenly moved, blood pooled out from their orifices, leaving behind a trail of blood being them.

"Duke Duan, if a physician is called over, I'm afraid this matter won't be able to be kept hidden anymore." If this matter were to spread to Shen Ruiting's ears, what would the man do? 

"This Lord is exactly afraid keeping this matter hidden," The Duke of Duan snorted derisively. Since he dared to do this, then he wouldn't be afraid of the emperor, his uncle knowing about this matter. Even if he would be punished for it, the Duke of Duan would accept it willingly without regrets. What he wanted was to exactly let Liu Shuhan and Liu Wenjin, the sibling pair know the severity of the consequences of offending him. They should have known the moment they made designs on his son that if their schemes were revealed, what sort of consequences they would be facing.

That very day, the news of Shen Xiao, the second son of the Marquis Dongling, and his nephew Shen Yang bribing the chief examiner and were arrested by the Ministry of Justice spread throughout the entire Imperial City. Shortly afterwards, news of their rape by several felons inside the Imperial City followed. In the short time of less than a day, there wasn't a single person in the Imperial City who didn't know of the two boys' demises. Even the emperor in the Imperial Palace derived news of their fate. When the Marquis of Donglin Manor knew of this matter, Liu Shuhan directly fainted where she stood. The old madame vomited out a pool of blood. Zhao Lan, the pair of couple, also couldn't take the news and fainted. The entire Marquis Donglin Manor descended into a state of chaos. 

"Tch, tch... a dignified son of a marquis, gang-raped and used as a woman and by a group of felons, at that. It's no wonder for them to faint and vomit blood. Liangliang, I heard the old madame's condition isn't well. She still hasn't gained consciousness. The marquis was also called over to the Lotis Fragrance Hall. Say, do you think she'll pass away just like that?" Yaoguang sat in the main courtyard of their Zhonglin Courtyard and knawed on an apple as he inquired Shen Liang. 

The moment he left the day before, he had returned to the Duke's Manor and relayed every single word to the Duke, without a hitch. The Duke only had him return to Zhonglin Courtyard and accompany Shen Liang. Who would've expected such a news to spread the very next day? The Duke must be infuriated? He had heard that the news were revealed by Physician Ren Hetang, the physician who was sent to treat Shen Xiao and Shen Yang in the prison cells and personally verified the credibility of the news. 

"Please don't pray for her death. If she were to truly pass away, I'd have to commit to a year of filial piety for her. I suspect your duke would be truly impatient and infuriated then," Shen Liang swept an indifferent gaze over to him before continuing to toy with his little nephew in the crib Lei Zhen had specifically bought back for the child. *Filial piety after a family member's death is practiced by a certain time period of refraining from any joyous events. This means if the old madame passed away, Shen Liang wouldn't be able to marry Pei Yuanxian until a full year passed after the old madame's death unless their familial relationship is severed.*