Chapter 92

A single dream seemed to have taken years. Even after he woke up and composed himself, Shen Liang found himself unable to extract himself from the dream completely. He still wasn't sure whether that dream truly depicted the events that conspired after his death nor how he came to dream of it. But he was willing to believe that it was what happened afterwards. At the very least, that meant his Uncle and cousins didn't die. Pei Yuanxian was also alive and even overturned the Qin Empire. At least he was able to still see the ten-year old Shen You, the handsome and adorable young youth. And Qin Yunshen, Liu Family, and Shen Family, each and every one of them paid their prices as well. 

"Are you done looking?" he wasn't sure how long he sat there with the dark expression before Shen Liang returned to his senses and glared back at Pei Yuanxian with a speechless feeling. 

As he reached out to take Pei Yuanxian's pulse, Pei Yuanxian, who was leaning against the bed revealed a wide grin: "Not yet. Almost wouldn't ever be able to look at you again. If possible, this lord wants to keep on looking. Wangfei is so beautiful. Even if I were to look at you for eternity, I would never grow tired of it."

When he had woke up, he immediately saw Shen Liang sleeping by his side. Even if it was him, Pei Yuanxian was stunned for quite a while. But when he saw the teardrop plop down unceasingly in his sleep, he felt distressed and hurt badly. Pei Yuanxian knew that Shen Liang might not necessarily be crying because he was worried about him, but he held at least partial responsibility for those tears.

"I thought the lord didn't want to see me again. More accurately, you didn't want to see the sun rise ever again." After ascertaining that Pei Yuanxian's condition had stabilized, Shen Liang shook off Pei Yuanxian's hand with a grimace. He then pulled his own hair back and tied it into an elegant, simple ponytail.

"Where are you going. Accompany this lord." Pei Yuanxian captured the person who was trying to crawl over him. With a slight force, Shen Liang's body fell on him. Pei Yuanxian wrapped his hands around Shen Liang and held onto him unceremoniously. He allowed Shen Liang to lean against his wide chest as he cajoled: "Angry? I didn't do it on purpose. Master's medicine was still useable the last time I was injured. I thought the injury wasn't deep and it shouldn't pose a problem. Who expected the medicine to suddenly lose effect?"

Honestly speaking, Pei Yuanxian had lingering fears, but fortunately, their family's Liangliang was impressive and stopped his blood lost. He even used the blood transfusion method which hadn't been seen in centuries to help him recover. Now, Shen Liang's blood flowed through his veins. They could be considered one, if put in another way.

"What do you think?" Shen Liang broke free from Pei Yuanxian's grasp and arched an eyebrow, "Don't bother wasting your excuses with me. You've been poisoned for more than a decade now. It is impossible for you to not notice the decline of the medicine's effectiveness. Who knows? Perhaps it was already a drastic and life-threatening situation the last time, but you still chose to use such a dramatic and extra method. Do you take yourself to be a cat with nine lives? That you can afford to be tossed and fussed around with?"

Because of the dream, Shen Liang's anger originally had already diminished half-fold, but when he heard Pei Yuanxian's explanation and excuse, he couldn't help his surging anger. Shen Liang doesn't believe that Pei Yuanxian didn't have that much understanding of his body's and the medicine's conditions.

"Don't be like this. I truly miscalculated," Pei Yuanxian could only bite the bullet and explain helplessly. Looks like having a Wangfei who excelled in medical skills was not necessarily a good thing. At times like these, it proved especially difficult for him fool him.

"Alright. I'll just take it as you miscalculated. Let's discuss other matters," Shen Liang took a deep breath before meeting Pei Yuanxian's gaze again, "You've been looking for the medical and poison scriptures all these years. We can forget about the past but you've known since the last time that those scriptures were in my hands. Why didn't you tell me about your being poisoned then? Don't give me any illusionary excuses such as you're afraid I would think too much. Did you lack confidence in yourself or in me?"