Chapter 104

"That person sure is funny. Be it ghost or man, he's taken over all the roles. Doesn't he fell tired?" the moment the emperor left, Xiao Muchen materialized with his folding fan. Along with him, Chu Li, who was evidently idle and not handling his responsibilities like he was supposed to, trailed closely behind. 

"Third brother, look at him. He looks like he'd be planning to do something to separate you and Liangliang through some shady means."

"What are you doing?" Xiao Muchen's folding fan had suddenly smacked the top of his head. Chu Li let out a sound of protest, filled with dissatisfaction.

Xiao Muchen responded in an unkind tone: "It's not 'looks like' but rather definitely will. Since he didn't try to tear faces with third brother, then he will portray and feign happiness for third brother on the surface. However, he was forced to suffer through quite a loss this time. How is it possible that he will just let it go like that? I'm afraid he'll have endless number of tricks hidden behind his sleeves."

Before, they observed his every move in the shadows and were able to see clearly for themselves the viciousness hidden in his gaze and tricks. There was no need to mention how the man was a small and short-minded person to begin with and not at all befitting for the position of emperor. Even if he was a magnanimous person, it would be impossible for anyone to settle and accept them losing their wife as well as their troops calmly. He had been emperor for more than a decade now and was accustomed to sitting in such a superior and domineering position, high above others. How was it possible that he would endure through such a loss just like that. To him, this was undoubtedly a naked humiliation and insult.

"Nothing more than a b*stard raised by a lowly court maid. In the end, he can't possibly be anyone capable of putting on stage," Old Lin voiced suddenly and interrupted their words. Everyone couldn't help but glance over simultaneously and looked at his upset expression. 

Compared to them, he despised the emperor and the Empress Dowager more so than anyone. If it weren't for those two people, the valiant lord and master he served, who was also his best friend and confidante wouldn't have ended up dying in that fire, much less bear the stigma of conspiracy and rebellion. 

"Since he likes to play tricks so much, then just let him. We'll defend with soldiers if troops attack, and shield with a dam if a flood comes," Pei Yuanxian, who sat up against the bedside narrowed his eyes slightly, "Tianshu, send someone with good martial foundations over to Yaoguang and ensure that Liangliang remains safe."

"Master, please rest assured. This subordinate already made the necessary arrangements," If they couldn't even tell how much their Master loved and doted on their Wangfei and cherished the Wangfei like his own life, then they've truly lived so many years with their Master in vain. For such a matter, they didn't need Pei Yuanxian to deliberately have to pass such an order for them to figure out what they were supposed to do. It was just...

"But Master, the Zhonglin Courtyard is guarded by a dense network of Nether Guards. Our people can't squeeze themselves in at all and they seem to have no intentions of letting us set a foot into their territory. Do you think perhaps you could discuss this matter with the Wangfei?"

Speaking of this matter was somewhat of an embarrassment to them. Their Ironclad Guards could be considered extremely talented in hidden arts and hiding their presence, but no matter where they hid themselves, the Nether Guards were still able to root them out and chase them away. They were truly like ghosts from the Nether World, everywhere and anywhere.

"Forget about the confines of Zhonglin Courtyard. With the Nether Guards there, nothing should happen. Just plant some people outside the Marquis Donglin Manor. The moment Liangliang leaves the manor, have them follow along closely. If the Nether Guards continue to prevent our people from following, then this lord will personally talk to Liangliang." Pei Yuanxian didn't doubt the Nether Guards' capabilities but if he didn't have his own people following and looking after Liangliang, he truly couldn't rest assured.