Chapter 85

The good concubine of the Marquis Donglin Manor braved the pouring rain to kneel outside the Murong Manor and kowtowed, begging the Murong Family to sell them the linen needed for mourning clothes. Only then was the Murong madame moved and touched by her perseverance and agreed, allowing her to make up for the mistake the second madame of the Marquis Donglin Manor made. What Sun Jing did soon spread around the courtyard. It was said that the marquis personally looked after Sun Jing, who had developed a fever from kneeling in the rain the entire night. It wasn't until the second day when it was time for morning court that the marquis finally left.

"B*tch! That b*tch took advantage of my inconvenience of heading out to actually seduce the marquis. B*tch! Every single one of them..."

Crash! Crash! Crash!

When the news reached Liu Shuhan, she was angered to the point she threw and tossed what could be thrown. For the past few years, for her virtuous reputation, she had personally helped instate concubines into the manor. But under her ruling, they had been suppressed successfully and obediently. There hadn't been any chances of fighting for favor from the marquis with her for years now. Since Sun Jing's miscarriage, she had simply faded away from everyone's view, hiding in the Buddhism Hall built in her courtyard, like an invisible presence that couldn't muster up the slightest threat to Liu Shuhan's position. Had it been anyone else who fought against Liu Shuhan, she wouldn't have been surprised. But it had to be her...

It was also because of this that infuriated her even more.

"Madame, why are you sitting on the floor. Please get up," when they heard the sound of items being thrown, the first maid, Huai Zhu immediately pushed open the doors and hurried in. When she saw Liu Shuhan on the floor surrounded by broken shards and pieces, she and the other maid, Yang Zhi, hurried forward to help Liu Shuhan to a chair to sit in. With the two maid's experienced and taciturn cooperation, the courtyard was soon cleaned up.

"Mother, did you throw something?" Shen Qiang came in with her maid Lu Zhi in tow. She headed toward her anguished mother with disapproval, "Weren't you the one who told us to settle down a bit? How could you be the first one to get so impatient? If father were to know of this matter, how would we still get the back courtyard authority back?"

It was rare for the second family to make such a mistake. They had even offended the Murong Family and resulted in a big mess. Within a single night, they had become the Imperial City's biggest laughingstock. In the midst of his anger, the back courtyard authority was immediately revoked from them. This was an invaluable opportunity to steal back their authority. When she and her brother went to find the marquis, he seemed have already have the intentions to release Liu Shuhan's confinement orders and let her take over back courtyard authority again. But if news that Liu Shuhan had been throwing things around in her courtyard were to spread to the marquis, then even if he had to give the pass the authority over to the third family, he might not even give it back to them.

"Qiang'er..." when she saw her daughter, Liu Shuhan spread out her arms and hugged her fiercely. She buried her face in Shen Qiang's shoulders and wept fiercely. She was well aware that she had lost her composure and poise, but ever since Wei Zetian's death, she had assumed control over the entire back courtyard since. No one had dared to compete with her for Shen Ruiting's favor. For the past few years, although she and Shen Ruiting lacked any intimacy and amorous feelings, taking into consideration their two children, Shen Ruiting had given her the necessary propriety and respect a madame had. She had already accustomed herself to being the only one in his eyes. Who would've thought that at this critical time when she could've taken back her control, the Sun Jing who had been quiet all this time would have inserted herself into this matter and interfered. The marquis even took care of her for an entire night. An entire night!