Chapter 111

"En, continue to keep an eye on it," Shen Liang withdrew his amused gaze as he raised his hand and dismissed lei Zhen. He then stood up, facing everyone's attentions and addressed: "If the marquis madame wants to know what I said to the Elder Princess, why not ask her yourself? Now that I could be considered half a Qingping Wangfei, I imagine if I write a request, the Elder Princess would accept and agree to meet us? At the same time, why don't you ask her if Liu Wenjin's loss of position was ordered and instigated by me? As for your son and Shen Yang, if I recalled correctly, their bribing the chief examiner occurred last year. At that time I was still suffering at the countryside. How was I supposed to harm them there? It can't be that you want to suggest I was the one who instigated them to bribe the examiners? Then I truly am too impressive to be able to instigate others without even being there in person. Perhaps the next time I should try to instigate the emperor to dismember you son by five horses next time?"

"You..."

Shen Liang's last words were practically whispered in her ears. Liu Shuhan's heart trembled but Shen Liang didn't give her the opportunity to retaliate as he continued: "You said the Marquis Manor hadn't had a day of peace since I returned, but I sure want to ask you, why hasn't the Marquis Manor had a day of peace? Did I deliberately provoke them? Besides paying the Lotus Fragrance Courtyard a visit two times, that one time when I went to find the marquis, that day when we accepted the Imperial decree conferring marriage, and that afternoon when I went to greet Marquis Lin'an's son and Elder Xie's grandson, I hadn't left the Zhonglin Courtyard once. I didn't even have the opportunity to pay a visit to the other courtyards. Exactly how was I supposed to cause so much chaos? Was it my fault that my Zhonglin Courtyard was ruined and your position as head of the back courtyard to be revoked? Source of all disasters, exactly how did I cause your disaster, marquis madame?" They really took him as an easy victim to bully if he didn't speak. Fine, then Shen Liang would take good opportunity of this chance to sort this out fully with them right here, right now.

"But..." 

Shen Liang's words made Liu Shuhan turn pale and tremble. For a moment, the thought that since she couldn't rely on the marquis to save Shen Xiao, then she could only rely on the Duke of Qingping surfaced in Liu Shuhan's mind. With the Duke of Qingping's characteristic style, it would not prove impossible to urge him to directly head to the prison cell and break Shen Xiao out. As long as she pushed everything onto Shen Liang's constitution bearing too much weight and disaster for the Shen Family, then the entire Marquis Donglin Manor, including the marquis himself, would force Shen Liang to beg the Duke of Qinping for help. Even though Shen Liang wasn't the Qingping Wangfei now, he could be considered as having saved the Duke of Qingping's life. The other party wouldn't ignore his requests. However, she had forgotten that Shen Liang was one with a clever and sharp tongue. In addition, he was not afraid to completely rip faces with her.

"But what? Perhaps I should help you speak your mind for you," Shen Liang could see what she was thinking without even having to spare her a glance. Shen Liang's eyes, which seemed to be able to delve straight into the hearts of those who he met gazes with penetrated into her. His words were even more straightforward and made the other party blush as he revealed: "The madame sure calculated well. Back then, you repeatedly pinned the constitution of cursed star on me. You know full well what you intended to do then. Back then, my elder brother was still young and could only allow us to be bullied and suppressed by you. However, even now, you still want to use that same tactic to urge the entire Shen Family, including the marquis to force me to beg the Duke of Qinping for help. Don't you think you're being too ambitious?

Let's put some other variables aside but if the person engaged to the Duke of Qingping was Shen Qiang, would you still force her like this? Would you force her to make such an extreme request from the Duke of Qingping before she even married over? Doing such a deed, not only would it help you save your son, but perhaps it would also provoke and aggravate the Duke of Qingping. Even if he doesn't turn refuse the marriage, even if he married me in, I shouldn't think about living well in the Duke of Qingping Palace, huh?