Chapter 72

With Shen Liang's single brilliant feat at the Elder Princess's banquet and Pei Yuanxian and Jing Xiran's personal accompaniment, Shen Liang's first day at Tianmen Academy was like a moon surrounded by stars. The abuse he suffered in his previous life seemed like a fleeting dream as it seemed surreal. On the contrary, Shen Qiang's situation had completely changed from before. Those former friends and admirers of hers either avoid her the moment they see her approaching or was nowhere to be seen period.

Shen Jing's situation was not any better off either. But her isolation couldn't be entirely attributed to Shen Liang, but rather, it was because she had instigated Ling Yucheng's actions at the Elder Princess's banquet. The third prince's concubine and the General Ling weren't fools. For her to force Ling Yucheng into such a humiliating situation and still unable to pull himself away, did she think they would let her off easily? It was just that Shen Jing evidently didn't dare bear a grudge against the General Ling and the third prince's concubine. Hence, she pinned everything onto Shen Liang's head.

As for the other young lady of the Marquis Donglin Manor, Shen Qiao, she didn't even dare to show her face. Ever since that day at the pleasure boat, she completely hid herself away in her manor.

Similarly, Shen Xiao and Shen Yang, who were preparing for the Imperial College Exams, were also suffering from a hard time. People were rational and realistic. The more powerful and affluent a person was, the more practical they were. Just how proud and arrogant they were when they stood at the top of the cliff was exactly just how miserable and embarrassed, they were now, having fallen from their high positions. What goes around, comes around. It was high time for them to suffer from the taste of their own medicines. But it was only just the beginning.

"What is this again?" with his mind occupied by matters at home, the moment classes were adjourned, Shen Liang refused Xiang Zhuo and the others' invitiation to their homes and took Qi Yue along with him to hurry home. The Nether Guards had already arrived. Lei Zhen even personally came. But currently, he had engaged himself in a truffle with Yaoguang. The two of them each occupied a corner of the courtyard and both donned an expression that signaled to others a fight could break out at any time. Fortunately, the Nether Guards and Ironclad Guards themselves were not involved in the matter.

"Master!" seeing him, Lei Zhen threw Yaoguang away and turned around. He cupped his fist and respectfully paid his greetings.

"Liangliang, you're finally home. Exactly who is this person? I hadn't even stepped into the courtyard yet and was already being beaten by him." Yaoguang materialized before Shen Liang and pointed at Lei Zhen before his very eyes. His little face was flustered and puffed. It was evident that he had been angered.

Seeing how impudent he was, Lei Zhen's brows furrowed imperceptibly. He suppressed the urge to really give the boy a beating.

"Let's head in first," looking at the two, Shen Liang then took the initiative to enter the room first.

"Ahhh. Ahhhh...." Shen You, who had awakened was sitting in the baby's seat Qi Yue and Qi Xuan had bought for him his morning. When he saw Shen Liang and the others come in, not only was he not frightened, but he also even stretched his hands towards them and called for them. 

Shen Liang immediately felt warm all over. He headed over in long strides and squatted down before the child: "You'er, my name is Shen Liang. I'm your uncle."

Caressing the child's cheeks, Shen Liang's smile was filled with gentleness and warmth. In his previous life, he had always wanted a child, but Qin Yunshen rarely shared a bed with him. He never had the chance to carry a child. But now, he felt as though he had suddenly become a dad.

"Ah. Ah..." no one knew if it was because he understood Shen Liang, but the miniature Shen You excitedly patted the railings in front of the baby's chair. His two legs kicked furiously, as though he was struggling to break free from the confines of the chair.