Chapter 49

"Since that's the case, let's all head along."

Specifically named Shen Liang?

Pei Yuanxian pursed his lips in an indiscernible manner. He waved his hands and without care for the number of people who were present, addressed them all. The eunuch wanted to step forward and prevent him, but when he raised his eyes, he was greeted by a pair of terrifyingly oppressive gaze that frightened him to the point of speechlessness.

"It's only the Duke of Jian who can enjoy the Elder Princess's exclusive pleasure boat. We're truly fortunate this time," Jing Xiran tacitly cooperated with Jing Xiran. 

The smile on Xiang Qing's face faded: "Then let's head there together. We can't have the duke wait on us for too long."

With the three party's extended invitation, although concerned about it being the duke and his reputation, they were eager to explore the boat. Where no one noticed, Shen Xiao frowned imperceptibly. Even if the others didn't know, he did. The Duke of Jian was a giant surprise prepared by mother and uncle for Shen Liang. If all of these party members were to join in, it would prove hindering for their plan. But...

He looked at Pei Yuanxian, Jing Xiran, and Xiang Qing, as well as the public crowd whose intrigue and excitement had been stirred. If he stood up to question their extended invitation, wouldn't he only become a target of public criticism?

What Shen Xiao didn't know was that his deliberation fell into the eyes and observations of Shen Liang and Pei Yuanxian.

"Does little one have any countermeasure?" the pleasure boat was parked not far from the river. Pei Yuanxian walked before Shen Liang but his voice drifted into Shen Liang's ears very softly.

"If the soldier come, attack. If the flood strikes, then we'll build a dam." *Meaning Shen Liang is a passive party right now and will handle the problem as it comes.*

He raised his head to look at the pleasure boat that was getting closer and closer. Shen Liang's face only showed an apathetic expression as he coldly relayed back to Pei Yuanxian. 

Pei Yuanxian suddenly turned around to look at him as he said, "Do you know why this lord brought along Xiao Bai?"

"I don't," Shne Liang was not interested in guessing riddles with him. His response was short and clean. 

Pei Yuanxian wasn't surprised, "Because this lord received news that it seems like all of the unwed princes seem to have designs toward you. This lord is not pleased and plan to share the mood with them."

That was the truth. Don't ask him why. He was just displeased. 

When Shen Liang heard his words, he couldn't help but turn around, "Jealous?"

It can't be. He must be lying. After all, Pei Yuanxian was the most unscrupulous duke he had ever seen.

"Jealous? What is that?" Pei YUanxian arched an eyebrow as he questioned both domineeringly and confidently. "Even if there's someone jealous, shouldn't it be you? Didn't you see how popular this lord is?"

"...."

I don't even like you! What am I supposed to be jealous over?

Shen Liang felt speechless and decided to turn his head away and just ignore the man. However, Pei Puanxian didn't appear to have any intentions of letting him go easily.

"Liangliang, should this lord help you completely cut off their intentions for you once and for all?"

"And how do you intend to do that?" If possible, of course, Shen Liang was more than willing to cooperate. Amongst the group of unwed princes, Qin Yunshen was one of them. Whenever Shen Liang thought of the man, disgust consumed him. He was a fool in his previous life and blind to the people around him. After being rejected and humiliated by others, his character became weak and inferior. had he been just a bit more confident, he should have known just how high his status was. If the marriage wasn't sincere, then even if the other party was a prince, they should know that they were fortunate to be able to him.