Chapter 70

"Thank, thank you..." rolling up his sleeves and stretching out his hand, the Ger said with his voice as thin as a mosquito's buzzing. His ears had turned slightly red and it was evident that he was a shy person.

"You're welcome. Sit down. If you stand like that, the pulse I take won't be accurate either," Shen Liang threw him a smile. He wasn't doing this out of good intentions, but since he has decided to use the man, then he must also gain his heart. Intimidation and threats could also achieve the same means, but it would be synonymous to raising a dog that could retaliate against its owner at any time. It was more preferential to firmly grasp onto their hearts. Of course, a tiger's skin is easy to paint, but not the bones *one may know a person for a long time without understanding his true nature*. Some coercion at times was still necessary. 

"Qing'er, be good. Sit down and let the good doctor have a good look."

"En," Hui An held onto the Ger's shoulders, and as though coaxing a child, coaxed him. His actions made Lei Zhen, an old man, feel goosebumps creeping up his arms. However, it was very effective against the Ger named Qing'er. He sat down obediently. Shen Liang reached out to feel his pulse. After, he took out a silver needly and inserted it into an acupuncture point.

"Ah...."

"What are you doing?!"

"Impudent!" Qing'er yelped in pain and Hui An was immediately incited. Lei Zhen and the others hurried forward and forced him down and locked his shoulders to hinder his movements as to prevent him from doing anything that could potentially harm Shen Liang.

"What are you so panicked for? I'm only ascertaining his illness," Shen Liang lifted his head and swept a gaze over Hui An. Shen Liang then slowly removed the silver needle: "Your illness stems from your organs. It has progressed quite seriously, and the pregnancy only accelerated the decline of your body. If you're lucky, then the day the child is born will also be the day you die. If not, then it would be two lives with one body."

"...." hearing this, Qin'er silently lowered his head in silence. After a while, tears streamed down and plopped onto his lap. 

Hui An broke free from Lei Zhen and the others to hug onto him, "It's alright, Qing'er. Don't be afraid. Don't be afraid."

"Hui An..." throwing himself into Hui An's embrace, Qing'er only had to make that one cry and Hui An fell into silence. But anyone with eyes could see how miserably he was crying.

Seeing this, Shen Liang shook his head helplessly. Lei Zhen and the others also retreated away silently. No one made a sound to disturb them. It was another life-and- death separation.

Thud!

No one knew how much time passed before Hui An suddenly knelt down before Shen Liang. He raised his excited eyes and looked at him: "For you to be able to diagnose him, you must also be able to cure him. I'm willing to be a horse or ox for you *figuratively, means to work very hard, but to fully understand the extent of this phrase, think of how and ox and horse works for humans. First, they're nothing more than animals, and second, even dead, their body and meat are cut off for food* but please, I'm begging you, save him!"

He continuously kowtowed his head against the floor and the heavy thud of his forehead repeatedly hitting the ground echoed in the room. Even the crying Qing'er stopped and froze where he was. His body slid down from where he sat as he reached out and hugged onto Hui An.

Shen Liang sighed. In actuality, he never liked these people, the Taoist priests and monks. If it weren't for them, how could he be forced to bear the name of a cursed star for so many years? But this Hui An could still be considered humane.