~Chapter 111~

A/N: Hello hello! So, I feel like this chapter feels kind of rushed even though it's still long asf. I was just trying to fit so much in one chapter. Hope it's okay!

~Harry~

When me and Leah's second anniversary finally rolled by, we had planned one thing together: to spend the day at the park having a picnic with the girls. The weather was perfect for it, and the girls had a wonderful time. After the picnic was over, however, Leah thought that was the end of it – but that was most definitely not the end of it.

I'm proposing today. Of course that wasn't the end of it.

Leah was more than happy to stop at the picnic and just spend the rest of the day being with each other and the girls. And while that did sound nice...I had bigger plans. I had one last surprise lined up for her.

Leah has always wanted to go to the London Eye. So, for a while now I've been checking the London Eye's website to see if there were any special days coming up where they'd be operating the Eye late at night. And, believe it or not, it's been open until 9:30PM every night this week – including tonight.

So, naturally, I was taking Leah. After a good dinner at a nice restaurant, of course.

However, I don't think I'm actually going to propose at the restaurant. Or even at the London Eye. I definitely don't want to do it in public – no way in hell. I'm way too anxious about this whole thing to even dare to do that – not to mention Leah probably wouldn't appreciate the pressure that'd get put on her if I do it.

Basically? I had no fucking idea where I was even going to do it, or how. But as long as I've asked her by the end of the night, that's all that matters to me.

I asked my mum if she could once again please watch the girls just for the night. And lucky for me, she agreed – probably because she knew I was finally going to pop the question and could hardly bear holding her tongue about it any longer.

Leah, of course, had no idea that she was coming...but she was about to find out.

"Bit of a strange time in the evening to pay a visit," Leah mused with a small frown as a gentle knock came from the door, "I wonder who it is."

I forced myself to hide the smile that was threatening to break out across my face as she made her way to the front door.

"Oh, Anne!" I stood in the lounge doorway just in time to see my mum pull Leah into a hug, "What a lovely surprise!"

"Happy Anniversary, dear," mum told her warmly, "to you and to Harry."

"Thank you so much!" Leah beamed at her as they pulled away.

"Hi, mum," I greeted her with a smile as she hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"Are you joining us for dinner, Anne?" Leah asked her, "Although, I had no idea you were coming, so I wasn't really planning anything special..." she bit her lip.

"Oh, don't worry about it. I've already had dinner," my mum assured her, "in fact...I'm actually here so that you can have dinner, dearest."

"Me?" Leah's brow furrowed in slight confusion, "What do you mean?"

"Harry's taking you out for dinner, Leah," she replied casually, "I'm here to look after the girls while you're out."

Leah's eyes widened, and she turned her head to look at me only to be met with me smiling at her in return.

"Oh my..." she began to shake her head, "Anne, please. You already watched the girls when we went out to Ashley's party...i-it's too soon-"

"Leah," I cut her off with a chuckle, "Ashley's party was a month ago."