~Forty-Five~

A/N: Hello hello!! just a quick note before you begin: for those of you who didn't see my latest dashboard post, this was originally a super-long chapter where I actually had no idea I was writing too much until I stopped halfway through and did a word count, and I realized I'd already succeeded my usual goal of 4000 words while there was still heaps more stuff that was supposed to happen. So, I'm posting two new chapters at once today, aren't you guys lucky? 😜

Oh, and I am aware that the VS fashion show wasn't being broadcasted live but fanfiction guys, OK?? 😝😝😝

There's a lot of time skips in this chapter because I got stuck a few times and because of that I feel like it's really rushed. But I hope you like it anyways.

"Hello, gorgeous," the smile that spread across Harry's face as soon as he saw me seemed to light up my whole laptop screen.

"Hello to you too, handsome," I rested my chin in my hand and smiled back at him, "I wasn't expecting you to call."

"I know. I took my chances and decided to give you a surprise call - hoping you'll just conveniently be on your laptop," Harry chuckled.

"Well, I was conveniently on my laptop," I giggled, "so, well done."

"Thanks, babe," Harry chuckled again, "how are you, though? Are you OK?"

"Well...I guess I kind of feel a bit lonely..." I let out a soft sigh, "Heath came to pick up Piper just an hour or so after you left on Friday, so I've been on my own in the house all weekend."

"Oh, well Piper's coming back today, isn't she?" Harry asked.

"Yeah - Heath's bringing her back this evening," I replied, "but it's still gonna be pretty quiet around here until then."

Harry's face softened out of sympathy for me. "I'm sorry, Leah. I really do feel bad that you're left all alone in that house...especially when you're still trying to settle in," he sighed.

"Hey, it's OK," I smiled at him again, "don't worry about it, Harry. It's fine."

He gave me a faint smile back. "You really are amazing, Leah. Not everyone would be happy to deal with a lifestyle like mine."

"Yeah, well, you're just lucky that I love you as much as I do," I chuckled, "oh, by the way, have you seen the runway where you're performing, yet?"

"Oh, not yet," Harry replied, "I've been using the weekend to get over my jet lag. I'll be checking out the stage at my first rehearsal tomorrow. In the meantime, Harry is helping me sort out what I'm gonna wear when I perform," he began to explain, "would you mind helping me out with that, by the way? We're both kind of stuck between two different suits."

"Oh yeah, sure," I smiled once more and nodded, "show me the suits."

"Thanks, Leah," Harry began to crawl off his hotel bed, "just give me a sec."

I nodded again as he climbed off his bed and disappeared from the screen - returning a few moments later with two hangers that each had a suit dangling from them.

"OK, so, we've narrowed it down to this one," he held up a very suave-looking pink and black suit in his left hand, "and this one," he showed me the charming light blue suit in his other hand, "what do you think? Which one's better?"

"Hmm..." I tapped my nails against my chin as I closely examined both suits, "well...they're both really nice..."

"I know," Harry chuckled softly, "that's why we're in this predicament."

My breath then hitched as I suddenly thought of something.

"You know, why make it a predicament at all?" I asked him, "Why not just use both of them?"