~Seven~ *

***Edited on October 2022***

A/N: I kinda got stuck around the middle of this chapter, just warning you on that :p

The next three weeks passed as per usual. The night of Harry's concert just felt more and more like a dream with every day that drifted by. In fact...these days, the only thing that reminds me that it all actually happened for real, is that people still post about Harry and Piper on Twitter and Instagram - even three weeks later when most people would consider Harry's London show old news.

Harry's show at The Garage still remains the most popular one so far. He's done plenty of other performances already - like when he was on The Late Late Show with James Corden for a whole week and sang a different song from his album every night, and when he did another special show at The Troubadour in L.A (Stevie Nicks was even a special guest during that one) and yet so many people still considered his first London show the most memorable. And it was all because of Piper.

All the same, though...almost every day I find myself opening Harry's album up and spending so much time just staring at his message and his signature for me and Piper. And almost every night I find myself wide awake in bed...staring up at the ceiling and remembering how sweet and polite he was, and how kind and caring he was towards Piper. And I tend to find myself almost in a trance remembering the way he smiled at me.

He was so amazing that night. In so many more ways than one. He was amazing in the show, he was amazing with his audience...and he was amazing with Piper.

I'll never forget how happy Piper was that night. Even now, she still talks about Harry so animatedly...constantly reminding me of how nice he was and how shiny his pink suit was - which, if I had to be honest...sent a slight twinge of pain to my heart.

Because Piper was right: Harry was nice, and his suit did look amazing, and it was so easy to feel comfortable around him...despite his vast level of fame. And after just one night...he'd already treated me better than any guy ever had - and I couldn't help feeling slightly upset about that, because I knew that I was never gonna see him ever again.

But...at least that night was a night I won't ever forget.

The sound of our home phone ringing distantly in my ears snapped me out of my thoughts all of a sudden. Sighing softly, I made my way over to the cordless phone and picked it up before holding it up to my ear.

"Hello, Leah speaking," I said into the phone.

"Leah? It's Janice. How are you this morning?"

"Oh...Janice!" I was slightly confused upon hearing the kindergarten teacher's voice, "Hi, I'm good. How are you?" I asked her.

"Quite stressed, I'm afraid," she replied with a sigh, "we had a busted pipe in the laundry room over the weekend, and the whole building got completely flooded."

"Oh, no!" I gasped, "That's terrible! Is the damage really bad?"

"Pretty bad," Janice sighed again, "that's why me and all the other teachers have been fretting about all morning...trying to get ahold of everyone's parents," she began to explain, "we're going to have to close the centre for a currently indefinite amount of time...while we try and get a bunch of plumbers and other workers in to make the place kid-friendly again."

"Oh, I see..." I bit my lip, "so...I guess Piper's gonna be staying home for a while?"

"I'm afraid so," Janice replied, "I'm so sorry if this inconveniences you in any way, Leah."

"Oh no, Janice, please don't apologize. These things happen. It just can't be helped," I assured her, "I'll, er...I'll sort it out. Thank you so much for letting me know. I was literally just about to ask Piper if she was ready to go."