~Forty~

A/N: Chapter 40!!! I can't believe it!! Idek if I'd even consider this as halfway through the story yet xD I feel like this chapter is kinda boring though...hopefully it's just me 😝😝

"Oh my God!" I gazed at Harry's latest Instagram post in awe, "Harry...this picture is so cute!"

I wasn't even joking. The photo was absolutely adorable - one he took of Piper during her 5th birthday. She was holding a large slice of cake in her hands; her fingers blue from the cake's icing and her birthday tiara sitting lopsided on top of her head. She was beaming so brightly towards the camera - her little baby teeth on full display and her eyes squinted due to how much she was smiling. It was literally one of the best pictures of Piper I'd ever seen - so cute, and yet so beautiful at the same time. And to explain what exactly the photo was doing on his page, Harry had simply captioned it with just one word.

Five.

"I still can't believe you managed to take a photo like this," I shook my head at him in amazement, "do you know how hard it is for me to get nice pictures of Piper, due to how she never keeps still?"

Harry chuckled. "What can I say? I have a gift for capturing the moment."

He only posted the photo yesterday, and yet it already had over 3 million likes - and thousands upon thousands of Harry's fans had left comments on the photo - practically all of them wishing Piper a happy birthday.

OMG PIPERRR 😍😍 HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU LIL CUTIE 😘😘😘

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIPER 🎉🎉 ❤❤😘

Aww, she's growing up 😢😢😍😍 happy birthday you beautiful baby 💖💖💖

Omfg, this is why Harry left the US so suddenly 😭😭 ofc this bean wanted to be with Piper for her birthday!! 😍😍😍

Omggg she's so fucckking cute I can't 😩😭 I don't want her to grow up!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR PIPER, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUU 😄❤😘

Piper is the new Lux 😂😂 ❤ I can't believe she's 5 now!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GORGEOUS 😘😘

"Aww..." I giggled, "your fans absolutely love Piper," I smiled up at Harry.

"Er, how can they not?" He smiled back at me.

I had to laugh this time. "True."

I then made sure I saved the picture before I switched off my phone and set it back down on the table in front of me. I then picked up my mochaccino and brought it to my lips - taking a sip before cutting out another small piece of my chocolate cake and popping it in my mouth.

After I dropped Piper off at kindergarten this morning, I packed an overnight bag and hopped in Harry's car so that we could start driving to London. We made it into the city by about 10AM - and now we were having a quick coffee break at Starbucks. After that, we were gonna drive back to Harry's so that I can drop my bag off - and then we'd find something else to do.

"So...do I get to choose my own room once we get to your place?" I asked Harry cheekily.

"Excuse me?" Harry cocked an eyebrow at me, "Your own room? Are you actually saying you don't want to sleep with me?"

"Well...I mean..." I flashed him a playful smile, "you do snore..."

Harry scoffed at me in disbelief. "That is literally the first time I've ever heard you complain about my snoring."