~Seventy-Seven~

A/N: Hello, are you all doing OK?? :) <3

~Harry~

~~~~~

"Hurts!! IT HURTS!!" Leah cried out in pain and burst into tears, "OH GOD, IT HURTS!!"

Her screams were loud and piercing as she writhed around restlessly on the bed with a whole crowd of doctors and nurses surrounding her. Her movement was so violent that her hair was literally soaked with her own sweat and tears.

I was desperate to go to her. I wanted more than anything to run to her and hold her in my arms in hope of soothing her agony. But those faceless doctors that were seemingly shrouded in shadows stood firmer than a brick wall – forcing me to keep away.

"Leah!" I called to her, "Leah, I'm right here. I'm right here, baby. Everything will be alright...I-I promise!"

There was a flash...and a shrill, distressed baby cry began to ring harshly in my ears – so loudly that it was actually causing me physical pain. I let out a groan and covered my ears with both hands...but it didn't seem to do anything to block out the noise.

A nurse pulled a bundle of writhing blankets away from Leah's lifeless, exhausted body – and my eyes widened as I saw two little legs kicking themselves free from the cloths, and two tiny hands reached out as if begging for help.

Oh my God...

The baby...

"Hey! What are you doing?!" My eyes widened even further as the whole crowd of doctors seemed to be leaving the room with our baby, "Where are you taking her?!"

The doctors and nurses left the room without another word – but I could still hear my baby girl crying as she was carried outside.

"Leave her alone!" I immediately began to run after them, "Stop! Let me hold her, goddamn it!"

I burst through the doors ahead of me, only to be met with an empty, endless hallway with named doors lining both sides.

The doctors, the nurses, or our baby were nowhere to be found.

"Fuck!" I let out an angry grunt and re-entered Leah's hospital room, "Damn it, where the hell did they take her?!"

I received no reply from Leah – and when I looked at her, I saw that she had fallen asleep – causing me to smile softly.

"Don't worry, Leah," I made my way over to her, "I'll find her. I'll find our baby girl. You just rest up, OK?" I cupped her face in my hand, but she still showed no reaction to my touch – causing me to frown, "Leah?"

I brushed some of her sweaty hair away from her face and stroked her cheek – but she still laid as still as a stone.

"Leah..?" My breathing was beginning to turn ragged, "Leah? C-Can you hear me?"

I took her shoulders and tried to shake her a little. She didn't react.

"Leah!" I shook her harder, "Damn it, Leah, wake up!"

My heart was beginning to thunder against my chest as I once again received no response.

"Wake up, baby, please!" My voice broke as I frantically looked towards the doors once more, "HELP! SOMEONE PLEASE COME AND HELP HER!" I felt tears running down my face as I tried one more desperate attempt to shake her awake, "LEAH! LEAH!!!!"

~~~~~~~

I woke up with a scream and scrambled into a sitting-up position on the bed – my breathing heavy and my heart beating like a drum inside my chest.