~Forty-Eight~

A/N: JESUS CHRIST. This chapter took up way more words than I expected!! Lmao xD

"Ugh, I don't even know what to wear to this stupid party," I said with a sigh as I shifted through all my clothes.

"No need to fret about it too much, Leah," Harry told me, "you look perfect in anything, you know."

I gave him a soft smile. "Thanks, Harry, but this is kind of a big deal for me. I want to show my parents that I'm a completely different person than I was when they last saw me."

"You don't need a special outfit to let them see that, Leah," Harry smiled back at me.

I chuckled quietly. "Well, no harm in trying to look my best, anyway."

"Have you thought about what you're gonna get your dad for his birthday?" asked Harry.

"Er...no, actually..." I bit my lip, "I just...I have no idea..."

"Well, do you remember the types of things that he liked?" Harry continued, "Cars, technology...barbecues?"

"Erm..." I let out a long sigh as I began to think, "well...he's quite fond of collecting watches, actually. At least...when I last saw him, he was."

"There we go," Harry smiled, "so, we'll get him a new watch to add to his collection, then. That's the present sorted."

"Yeah...I guess so," I sighed again, "I just hope that he'll accept it...especially if we spend a lot of money on one of those really fancy watches."

"I'm sure he will, Leah," Harry rubbed my back comfortingly, "don't worry."

I didn't respond, but I still smiled at him before I continued to sift through the wardrobe. However, as I continued to push the hangers aside, my eyes widened a little as I saw a pair of pants clipped to a hanger that definitely weren't mine. And so, curious, I pulled out the hanger and looked the pants up and down, and I let out a gasp.

"Oh my God!" I instantly began to smile, "Harry, what are these pants?!"

Harry peered into the wardrobe to see what I was talking about, and as soon as he saw the pants I was holding, I saw his face flush slightly.

"Oh...sorry, love," Harry took the pants from me, "I hung those up on the wrong side."

"Harry, are those new?" I asked him eagerly before he could hang up the pants on his own rack in the wardrobe.

"Er...yeah," he nodded, "Harry dropped them off to me this morning – while you were still asleep. He's in the process of getting me this new outfit. The rest of it is still getting its finishing touches...but the pants were done, so he decided to deliver them to me anyway."

"Harry, those pants are majestic," I giggled, "What's the name of that style, again?"

"They're flares," he replied.

"That's right!" I grinned, "Those pants would suit you so well!"

"You think?" Harry began to smile back at me, "Because, I have to admit – I think they're really cool, but I'm not quite sure what other people might think of them."

"Are you kidding? The fans will love you in these pants," my grin broadened, "I can see them fangirling already. I mean – just look at the layering on these flares!" I gazed down at the cream under flares in awe, "This designer is gifted."

"Yeah, I agree," Harry smiled and nodded, "I'm glad you like them, Leah."

"Like them? I fucking love them!" I squealed a little, "I can't wait to see the rest of the outfit!"