~Nine~ *

***Edited October 2022***

A/N: Helloooo, we have our first Harry POV for this book :)) How fun. I hope you like it <3

~Harry~

I have to admit...I almost didn't believe Leah when she said that Piper had gotten an allergic reaction to a peanut brownie bought for her by her father. I just didn't see how someone could possibly forget something so important about his own daughter's health. I was almost about to question Leah and ask her if she was sure it wasn't all just some horrible misunderstanding - that he probably didn't know there were peanuts in the brownie or something...because I'd honestly never even heard of such a bloody useless father.

I wasn't exactly sure how to react once he'd walked into the room. But, one thing I knew for sure, though...is that I had to force myself to stop giving him the benefit of the doubt. Because the guy was 100% guilty - I could see it in his eyes. He knew exactly what he'd bought Piper, and he really had completely forgotten about her allergies - despite how many times Leah's already reminded him.

I tried my best to hide it...but I honestly couldn't help feeling a little pissed off just thinking about his carelessness with Piper's health. And I just felt even more tense just thinking about how scared Piper must've been after innocently taking one bite of that brownie...not realizing just how sick consuming those peanuts would make her until it was too late. And the more I thought about how idiotic it was for her father to forget something so important...I just got angrier and angrier. And the way he'd just suddenly snapped straight out of his supposed guilt just to question why I was here? Who in the actual fuck does that? Even if it's not something you see every day...my presence should've been the last thing on his mind.

I mean, dude - your fucking daughter is lying sick in a hospital bed.

But there was no way in hell I could let my irritation show. Despite how much I wanted to put that dick in his place...I knew that I didn't have that right.

And so, with struggle, I kept it to myself.

But I don't think I've ever seen so much livid anger in anyone's eyes when I saw the way Leah looked at Heath as soon as he walked in. It was almost like I could feel the fury radiating off her body. She was seeing red...and she was seeing a lot of it.

"Er...Miss Marrone?" Alice the nurse had obviously seen how much Leah was wanting to just tear Heath's head off, "Perhaps...you'd like to discuss things with Mr Foster in one of our private family rooms?"

"Yeah. Let's do that," Leah's face was hard and glaring towards Heath, "we have a lot to discuss."

Alice bit her lip, and she quickly rushed forward to usher both Leah and Heath out of room - and I had to let out a soft sigh. Leah's face was more than enough to tell me that however things were gonna start out...it was guaranteed that an explosive fight was to result between the two of them. But there was no way I could possibly blame Leah for wanting to tear into Heath so much. If I was in her situation, I'd want to do the exact same thing. I mean, fuck - this was the first time I'd seen Heath, and I myself still wanted to give him a piece of my mind all the same. But...it's best to let Leah handle him.

"Where's she going?" Leah's disappearance was already starting to upset Piper, "Why's mummy going away?"

Oh, shit.

I bit down on my bottom lip anxiously. With Alice taking Leah and Heath to the family room - I was the only one in the room with Piper at the moment. Meaning I was the only one who could help Piper stay calm.